I'm a fairly new s6 user (T-Mobile). I'm trying to share a calendar and contacts S6 to S6. I have nfc and android beam ON on both phones. I can share photos fine so something is working. I've tried several combinations of selecting the item to be shared and bringing the backs of the phones together. With contacts it seems to have shared the contact but it doesn't show up in the contacts on the receiving phone. I'm looking for a step by step process for doing this. Anyone here actually done this?? Is there an app that makes this simple?

Thanks

Steve
    05-02-2015 10:27 AM
    I'm a fairly new s6 user (T-Mobile). I'm trying to share a calendar and contacts S6 to S6. I have nfc and android beam ON on both phones. I can share photos fine so something is working. I've tried several combinations of selecting the item to be shared and bringing the backs of the phones together. With contacts it seems to have shared the contact but it doesn't show up in the contacts on the receiving phone. I'm looking for a step by step process for doing this. Anyone here actually done this?? Is there an app that makes this simple?

Thanks

Steve
    Easiest way always is just to import all your contacts and calendar events to your Google account and it will automatically sync those with your new phone.

In addition to that if you want try installing Smart Switch in both phones and follow the instructions to migrate from one phone to the other.
    jcp007 likes this.
    05-02-2015 05:34 PM
    I have a similar question as Steve's. But husband has an S5 and I have an S6. I want to share all of my contacts on the S6 with him. I have tried beaming them, and it sounds like it works, but I can't find them on his S5. Any tips for me as to what I may be doing wrong?
    06-08-2015 03:26 PM
    I have a similar question as Steve's. But husband has an S5 and I have an S6. I want to share all of my contacts on the S6 with him. I have tried beaming them, and it sounds like it works, but I can't find them on his S5. Any tips for me as to what I may be doing wrong?
    Go to your contacts settings and look for the export option, it should creates a file, in theory you should be able to just copy that file to the other phone and go to the contact settings on the other phone and import them.
    06-08-2015 04:09 PM