Anyone Else Have A Wall Charger Go Bad On Them?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So last night around 11:00 I plug my phone in to my A/C charger (another Samsung charger but not the 'fast charger' that came in the box) to charge overnight. It was down to about 10% at that point. Woke up around 3:30 and was shocked to see that it was only at 65%. Weird I thought. Then I woke up this morning at around 6:30 and it was still only at 90%. So I switched to an old HTC wall charger I had laying around, used the same USB cable and plugged the phone in to that. 20 minutes later I'm at 100%.

Very strange. I'm assuming it was the wall charger that was on the fritz because everything else about the phone seems fine and the HTC charger seemed to work properly. Anyone else have a wall charger go belly up on them?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
So last night around 11:00 I plug my phone in to my A/C charger (another Samsung charger but not the 'fast charger' that came in the box) to charge overnight. It was down to about 10% at that point. Woke up around 3:30 and was shocked to see that it was only at 65%. Weird I thought. Then I woke up this morning at around 6:30 and it was still only at 90%. So I switched to an old HTC wall charger I had laying around, used the same USB cable and plugged the phone in to that. 20 minutes later I'm at 100%.

Very strange. I'm assuming it was the wall charger that was on the fritz because everything else about the phone seems fine and the HTC charger seemed to work properly. Anyone else have a wall charger go belly up on them?

Sounds like a bad plug as the USB cable used with another plug still worked. I have always used whatever charger came in the box. If there is an issue, like you, I test it to eliminate the plug and/or cable. From a practical standpoint, just order another rapid charger.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid using the rapid charger as I intuitively don't trust something that supercharges the phone that fast. I think there's a chance it can result in negative outcomes like limiting longer term battery life. Also I've read that many are speculating that problems reported with automatic screen rotation are due to heat generated by the rapid charger. I'm quite fine with the phone charging to full over a 2-3 hour period. Frankly I feel the same way about wireless charging. Heat is not the friend of sensitive electronics.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to avoid using the rapid charger as I intuitively don't trust something that supercharges the phone that fast. I think there's a chance it can result in negative outcomes like limiting longer term battery life. Also I've read that many are speculating that problems reported with automatic screen rotation are due to heat generated by the rapid charger. I'm quite fine with the phone charging to full over a 2-3 hour period. Frankly I feel the same way about wireless charging. Heat is not the friend of sensitive electronics.

The GS6 is the first device that I owned that had repaid charging capability built in. I wouldn't worry about using it overnight. Why would Samsung intentionally put it in the box? If you use it at home or the office and leave it plugged in, nothing happens, right? The device having been out for almost a month and no stories or,posts about a melted GS6. I have never worried about using OEM parts especially out of the box. Compatibility between the device and accessories as well as amongst accessories is key. Don't mix and try to match parts that aren't compatible. I had to order a OEM charger for my GS4 because the USB developed a short probably from being coiled up so often to use while traveling. At the time, the GS4 had been out so long that it was more practical to buy the new charger than just the USB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae