What's a reliable adblocker?

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
On iOS I just install adblock on my jailbroken devices. Then I select the apps I want ads blocked in and that's it.

On my s6 I'm trying to use adblock plus but it either just randomly stops sometimes and/or it seems to be a pain to use because any new connection you're using you have to add proxy settings every time?

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Then don't, but how much do you spend on coffee's, drinks out, and other non-essential items on a daily basis. If you don't want ads on your phone and you don't want to pay for the apps that use ads in lieu of paying for the app to be ad free then I fail to understand your issue with $10 a year which is $0.8333 a month.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
On iOS I just install adblock on my jailbroken devices. Then I select the apps I want ads blocked in and that's it.

On my s6 I'm trying to use adblock plus but it either just randomly stops sometimes and/or it seems to be a pain to use because any new connection you're using you have to add proxy settings every time?

You can root your phone if you want and install an app called Adaway. It gets rid of ALL ads in apps and in any browser. Even stops pop up ads that may come from questionable apps. It just plain works.

Rooting will most likely trip the knox detector and so it will void the warranty.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Then don't, but how much do you spend on coffee's, drinks out, and other non-essential items on a daily basis. If you don't want ads on your phone and you don't want to pay for the apps that use ads in lieu of paying for the app to be ad free then I fail to understand your issue with $10 a year which is $0.8333 a month.

not sure how you're failing to understand that i don't want to pay a recurring subscription for a service thats clearly free or at least a single pay option via other methods. even adguard's single pay of $30 is ridiculous. please don't try to explain how to spend my own money.

i'll look more into rooting (read that it will also knock out samsung pay but i dont care about that at all) and trying adaway. thanks nexusgirlX!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
i'll look more into rooting (read that it will also knock out samsung pay but i dont care about that at all) and trying adaway. thanks nexusgirlX!

The tradeoff of not having annoying ads in anything you do is well worth losing Samsung Pay. You shouldn't have to pay for a service like this and I sure wouldn't.

TRONlol

May 3, 2015
Visit site
not sure how you're failing to understand that i don't want to pay a recurring subscription for a service thats clearly free or at least a single pay option via other methods. even adguard's single pay of $30 is ridiculous. please don't try to explain how to spend my own money.

It's not. The 30 bucks includes the desktop as block and mobile. If you choose mobile only then its 10$.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Adblock Plus, they maybe coming out with Web Browser check this post.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Store doesn't return and anything when I do a search for "Adaway ".
It's not in the Play Store. They no longer allow apps that block ads.

You have to root your phone, install F Droid which is an alternative app repository and then install Adaway from there.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

You have to root your phone, install F Droid which is an alternative app repository and then install Adaway from there.

Thank you, I'm rooted and Boot Loader unlocked already. I will go and check out the F Droid and Adaway.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Well I have a AT&T Galaxy SIII rooted and using CM 12.1 from download.cyanogenmod.org and a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 rooted and using AICP.

The SIII adaway works, after installing and reboot, adaway stays enabled.

But on the S4 after turning adblock off in AICP, then installing Adaway, if I reboot, it says disabled. If I don't reboot, it says enabled and works, but first reboot it goes back to disabled. I have to click it and it downloads and I get the reboot, as long as I say No, then it works. Pain to have to go through this on each reboot.

I like AICP, it's built in adblocker does work, but doesn't seen to do it as fast, but eventually will get the ads.

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site

Awesome - I've been rooted since the beginning with my S5 and I've never heard of this. Downloaded and verified it works!

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20