On iOS I just install adblock on my jailbroken devices. Then I select the apps I want ads blocked in and that's it.

On my s6 I'm trying to use adblock plus but it either just randomly stops sometimes and/or it seems to be a pain to use because any new connection you're using you have to add proxy settings every time?

Sent from my Samsung S6 using Tapatalk
    05-03-2015 07:05 AM
    Adguard. Hands down. 10$ a year.
    05-03-2015 04:51 PM
    Adguard. Hands down. 10$ a year.
    thanks but no way am i paying a subscription for an adblocker.
    05-03-2015 07:47 PM
    Then don't, but how much do you spend on coffee's, drinks out, and other non-essential items on a daily basis. If you don't want ads on your phone and you don't want to pay for the apps that use ads in lieu of paying for the app to be ad free then I fail to understand your issue with $10 a year which is $0.8333 a month.
    05-03-2015 08:04 PM
    On iOS I just install adblock on my jailbroken devices. Then I select the apps I want ads blocked in and that's it.

On my s6 I'm trying to use adblock plus but it either just randomly stops sometimes and/or it seems to be a pain to use because any new connection you're using you have to add proxy settings every time?

You can root your phone if you want and install an app called Adaway. It gets rid of ALL ads in apps and in any browser. Even stops pop up ads that may come from questionable apps. It just plain works.

Rooting will most likely trip the knox detector and so it will void the warranty.
    1984world likes this.
    05-03-2015 09:00 PM
    Then don't, but how much do you spend on coffee's, drinks out, and other non-essential items on a daily basis. If you don't want ads on your phone and you don't want to pay for the apps that use ads in lieu of paying for the app to be ad free then I fail to understand your issue with $10 a year which is $0.8333 a month.
    not sure how you're failing to understand that i don't want to pay a recurring subscription for a service thats clearly free or at least a single pay option via other methods. even adguard's single pay of $30 is ridiculous. please don't try to explain how to spend my own money.

i'll look more into rooting (read that it will also knock out samsung pay but i dont care about that at all) and trying adaway. thanks nexusgirlX!
    05-04-2015 08:18 AM

i'll look more into rooting (read that it will also knock out samsung pay but i dont care about that at all) and trying adaway. thanks nexusgirlX!
    The tradeoff of not having annoying ads in anything you do is well worth losing Samsung Pay. You shouldn't have to pay for a service like this and I sure wouldn't.
    05-04-2015 08:30 AM
    not sure how you're failing to understand that i don't want to pay a recurring subscription for a service thats clearly free or at least a single pay option via other methods. even adguard's single pay of $30 is ridiculous. please don't try to explain how to spend my own money.

It's not. The 30 bucks includes the desktop as block and mobile. If you choose mobile only then its 10$.
    05-04-2015 10:58 PM
    It's not. The 30 bucks includes the desktop as block and mobile. If you choose mobile only then its 10$.
    I still wouldn't pay for something that you can do free by rooting.
    05-05-2015 12:53 AM
    AdFree

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12
    05-05-2015 01:20 AM

Adblock Plus, they maybe coming out with Web Browser check this post.
    05-17-2015 02:22 PM
    Adblock Plus, they maybe coming out with Web Browser check this post.
    Thanks. It's all good though. I ended up rooting my phone and installing adaway

DLK1 likes this.
    05-17-2015 03:16 PM
    Thanks. It's all good though. I ended up rooting my phone and installing adaway

This is the best way to go. It blocks ads in anything you do on the phone from apps to browsers. You name it, it will block the ad.
    05-17-2015 03:19 PM
    Why would you lay for an ad blocker...

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-17-2015 03:25 PM
    This is the best way to go. It blocks ads in anything you do on the phone from apps to browsers. You name it, it will block the ad.
    Google Play Store doesn't return and anything when I do a search for "Adaway ".
    05-17-2015 03:28 PM
    Google Play Store doesn't return and anything when I do a search for "Adaway ".
    It's not in the Play Store. They no longer allow apps that block ads.

You have to root your phone, install F Droid which is an alternative app repository and then install Adaway from there.
    DLK1 and AXEL314 like this.
    05-17-2015 03:30 PM

You have to root your phone, install F Droid which is an alternative app repository and then install Adaway from there.
    Thank you, I'm rooted and Boot Loader unlocked already. I will go and check out the F Droid and Adaway.
    05-17-2015 03:39 PM

Well I have a AT&T Galaxy SIII rooted and using CM 12.1 from download.cyanogenmod.org and a T-Mobile Galaxy S4 rooted and using AICP.

The SIII adaway works, after installing and reboot, adaway stays enabled.

But on the S4 after turning adblock off in AICP, then installing Adaway, if I reboot, it says disabled. If I don't reboot, it says enabled and works, but first reboot it goes back to disabled. I have to click it and it downloads and I get the reboot, as long as I say No, then it works. Pain to have to go through this on each reboot.

I like AICP, it's built in adblocker does work, but doesn't seen to do it as fast, but eventually will get the ads.
    05-18-2015 04:31 PM
    Any non-rooted ad blockers or nada? Thanks all!

05-18-2015 06:58 PM

Awesome - I've been rooted since the beginning with my S5 and I've never heard of this. Downloaded and verified it works!

05-19-2015 01:04 AM