private mode password

Dat Boi2

Jun 23, 2017
Visit site
I have the same type of problem. My private mode used to require a fingerprint, which was ok with me. But one day it switched to pin for some reason, and I don't remember making a pin number for it. Any ideas

Salman Maidan

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
You all will get mdny suggestions like reset and loose data etc. But humble suggestion is before you do anything major or catastrophic just turn your phone off wait a few minutes and restart. In most cases if you did have a pin the system will recall it. Good luck.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Private Folder always requires password on first run after restart. Private Mode doesn't. At least for me.
It's the password you set up when you register fingerprints.

Saj Baluch

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I have the same type of problem. My private mode used to require a fingerprint, which was ok with me. But one day it switched to pin for some reason, and I don't remember making a pin number for it. Any ideas

I am facing the same issue after nougat update! Any help?

Thacy

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
If you are the real owner of the phone, try this method to unlock Private mode without losing data. [link redacted by Mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

i1100a

Dec 12, 2018
Visit site
So you've secured your files/photos using private mode and then forgotten your password...

Private mode is pretty cool, it doesn't just hide those files nicely it actually encrypts the data (as first thought).

Private mode is basically a stripped down version of Knox without the protected application environment. This makes it easy to move selected files into it and also let any app access them rather than restrictions Knox approved apps only.

The way out?
Move the encrypted private folder/s to an external*SD card and they'll show up as unencrypted!

That's because the encryption is on the*container...*not on the files. It's that easy!

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the suggestion, Tiny. However, how can we move the encrypted folders to a external SD without being able to login in Private Mode or without knowing the encrypted folder locations?

Could you please extend on this solution?