Why are my S6 Sporadic Emails not deleting/reappearing?

A

AC Question

S6 Sporadic Emails not deleting/reappearing

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 on Verizon. Stock Email program with corporate Exchange email account. 2 emails that I delete on the phone just won't go away. No matter how many times I delete them, or which method I use, I even tried moving them to the Trash folder, they pop back up in my inbox. Confirmed they are completely deleted on the Exchange server. I have cleared the cache and cleared the data on the multiple Email programs in the application manager multiple times, they still come back, just these two specific emails. I also booted into the menu and wiped the whole cache partition, no help.

Please help. Very annoying.

Thanks
Jeff

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: S6 Sporadic Emails not deleting/reappearing

The stock email app is horrible honestly -- it has had this issue for many Galaxy phones. I always use another app.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

That is why other apps exist. MailDroid is our app and may be a good alternative for you.

kennyrosen

May 5, 2015
Visit site

I have the same issue with mine. Verizon sent me another phone maybe that will fix it, probably not. I can't switch email apps because the stock email program is needed for my Gear S, or at least I think its required.

anon(30235)

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Guys, I don't think this is a Samsung issue or an Android issue. This is a problem with a flag not getting cleared during Exchange synchronization. If you research this problem, you will see that the same thing is happening on Windows Mobile, on iOS, and also on Blackberry. It's just a fact of life that from time to time, you are going to have a synchronization failure. On iOS, you just have to uncheck and then recheck for Mail to be synchronized. On Windows Mobile, just changing the synchronization period and then changing it back typically clears this. However, on Blackberry and Android you typically have to remove the account from the device and then add it back to correctly get the messages to sync.

Some things that you can do that might help prevent this from happening are (1) making your synchronization period as short as you realistically need (2 weeks of messages instead of 6 months) and (2) don't move messages from Trash or Deleted Items back to your Inbox regularly.

Hope this helps. I work in IT and we see this from time to time on all mobile platforms. It's frustrating, but there's really nothing to keep this from happening.

Last edited:

PierrePablo

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I did the same thing. Uninstalling/reinstalling the account might work for an hour or it might work for a week - it will happen again though.

Asokoki

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I had the same frustrating problem with my Samsung Galaxy s6. I ended up installing the aol app on my phone and use that instead of the Samsung embedded email app. I tried everything that was suggested here, tried accessing the imp.aol.com server, etc, with no luck. My Gmail app works fine as well. Hope this helps someone.

Rabbit_Pellets

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Same plague on my brand new Note 5, a large number of these zombies. Thought it was me at first, of course. My question is, why aren't heads rolling? I mean, why do we put up with this [stuff]?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36