I miss the S6

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hope this helps.

1) How does it feel in the hand?
2) Is functionally worth the extra $$$?
3) Based upon the first two factors, can you see yourself being happy with the choice a year or so from now?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

For me, that's a really tough call. The edge is an additional $130 for the same storage. I like the way it looks and the in hand feel. But it definitely isn't as good when it comes to multimedia and entertainment.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For me, that's a really tough call. The edge is an additional $130 for the same storage. I like the way it looks and the in hand feel. But it definitely isn't as good when it comes to multimedia and entertainment.

On to #3. Can you see yourself being happy in a year or two?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
On to #3. Can you see yourself being happy in a year or two?

Probably not. But I switch phones every 3-6 months as it is. I think the regular one is probably fine for me, but I like the latest and greatest pretty shiny thing. That's my problem. But paying almost a grand for 64gb is a tough pill to swallow.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I was just "forced" into a new S6 today after dropping my Sony xperia z3 compact. It didn't break but the screen display just wouldn't turn back on. I use my phone as my office for my company so it was a b-line for the mobile store. I told myself that I'd never buy another Samsung mostly because of Cheesewiz hehe but I must say that I may be likeing this thing a little more than I had planned. I'll have to give it some time but so far I'm liking the screen quality, build is unmatched imo, less bloat, and smoothness is much better than I had remembered from yesteryear. And the camara 😍

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I was just "forced" into a new S6 today after dropping my Sony xperia z3 compact. It didn't break but the screen display just wouldn't turn back on. I use my phone as my office for my company so it was a b-line for the mobile store. I told myself that I'd never buy another Samsung mostly because of Cheesewiz hehe but I must say that I may be likeing this thing a little more than I had planned. I'll have to give it some time but so far I'm liking the screen quality, build is unmatched imo, less bloat, and smoothness is much better than I had remembered from yesteryear. And the camara ??????

Try not to enjoy it too much. You may never want to let it go.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I was just "forced" into a new S6 today after dropping my Sony xperia z3 compact. It didn't break but the screen display just wouldn't turn back on. I use my phone as my office for my company so it was a b-line for the mobile store. I told myself that I'd never buy another Samsung mostly because of Cheesewiz hehe but I must say that I may be likeing this thing a little more than I had planned. I'll have to give it some time but so far I'm liking the screen quality, build is unmatched imo, less bloat, and smoothness is much better than I had remembered from yesteryear. And the camara 😍

Even the new tw blows but nothing that nova can't fix:)

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I bought my S6 (non-edge) 64gb sapphire in store on release day. Kept it just about a week and ended up returning it for various reasons. Mainly issues with battery and having a hard time adjusting from my iPhone 6 Plus.

A few weeks later I must say, I miss my S6! I really miss the camera and the double click to launch. I missed a few good pictures of my son this weekend because it takes awhile to open the camera on my iPhone. I miss the exceptional screen and form factor (smaller than my 6 Plus). I miss the glass build of the S6.

You were all right! I should have waited and not returned it but I was worried about the 14 day thing. I originally considered trying out the LG G4 but I feel the S6 is the better device.

I'm thinking about jumping back in and possibly getting the S6 Edge or maybe the regular S6 when they receive 5.1 I really believe 5.1 will address some of the issues I, and many others, were having.

I'm posting this to eat crow. This phone is magnificent and I want it again!

Well, I admire your honesty! The great thing is you have a plan to repurchase the s6 when the issues you were having is addressed. I love my s6 edge, you do get use to the smaller bezel and eventually holding any other phone feels weird lol.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I did exactly what you did, I returned my black S6 edge after a week. I switched from an S5 to IPhone 6 plus last October. For me the apps and the battery life of my IPhone 6 plus kept calling me. So I returned my edge only to get another one 3 weeks later. I love the phone but I don't understand why I phone will lose 6 to 10 over night in standby while my iPhone 6 plus will stay at 100%. So I once again returned the second one, I'll wait for 5.1.1 and decide again. The phone is one of a kind..

You would return a phone because it loses a few % overnight? I can put it on charge and regain that in a few minutes. People must want absolute perfection. Is there something bigger than 1st world problems? I think that's it. <shakes head, shrugs shoulders and walks away>

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to buy it again when 5.1 comes out. Anyone have any info on the release date of 5.1 for the S6 or S6 Edge?

I'm debating which model to get still.

Some T-Mobile customers are already getting 5.1 ota, idk if it's just for testing but it's coming and Sammy is also pushing some micro updates ota to help on memory management.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Some T-Mobile customers are already getting 5.1 ota, idk if it's just for testing but it's coming and Sammy is also pushing some micro updates ota to help on memory management.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge??????(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
When did Samsung last push out an OTA update?

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

The micro update thing was mentioned but hasn't happened yet.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
When did Samsung last push out an OTA update?

They havn't yet but I read some articles that they have some in the works for the s6 to address lollipop memory leak issues

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered my Att S6 this morning online and getting it tomorrow!? Living close to Fort Worth had it's benefits! On top of being a Texan that is...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ordered my Att S6 this morning online and getting it tomorrow!? Living close to Fort Worth had it's benefits! On top of being a Texan that is...

Hope you enjoy it as much I did. What carrier? Don't forget that some Tennesseans help make Texas what it is today.

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the S6 Edge and iPhone 6.
My idea was to have both that way I could just throw the sim in the OS I wanted to use that day.
The iPhone is collecting a lot of dust to be honest. The S6 Edge is just awesome. Smooth, fast, camera is just amazing.
I couldn't wait until 5.1 to have this phone. Pre ordered it and got it April 9th.
I threw my sim in the iPhone and that lasted about 1 day before missing the S6.
Battery life for me is great. I don't own a 2nd charger, or a car charger. I top it off while in the shower in the morning, have Plenty of battery life every single day.
I love that when I do need to charge it I can go from 30% to 98% in 20 minutes.
My opinion of the S6 edge: seriously the best phone I have ever used. My fav phone of all time.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My idea was to have both that way I could just throw the sim in the OS I wanted to use that day.
The iPhone is collecting a lot of dust to be honest. The S6 Edge is just awesome. Smooth, fast, camera is just amazing.
I couldn't wait until 5.1 to have this phone. Pre ordered it and got it April 9th.
Battery life for me is great. I don't own a 2nd charger, or a car charger. I top it off while in the shower in the morning, have Plenty of battery life every single day.
My opinion of the S6 edge: seriously the best phone I have ever used. My fav phone of all time.

You must make a lot of moulah.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

Same here with the edge and the iPhone 6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08