I miss the S6

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 plus and hope to get the edge. Yes, I think I've decided on the Edge in 64gb. Now to decide the color. So many choices. :D

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I can honestly say I haven't used a phone before that checks all the boxes like the S6 Edge does. The display is not only gorgeous, but the feel of swiping around in apps, especially Google apps with slide out menus, is unmatched. The camera is just as easy to use as the iPhone, but better in quality. The design is not only unique, but it's eye-catching. Such a premium device.

Performance and battery life are on par or better than other phones with similar sizes. It's important to understand that distinction because larger phones can fit larger batteries. It's on a very short list for the best phone I've ever used. It may even be at the top.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
My Anti-Samsung friends and family all give props to my S6, from design to performance they all agree its a big positive change for the Galaxy S series and i completely agree as the day before S6 was announced I was also Anti-Samsung. S6 is such a joy to use no major complaints.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 plus and hope to get the edge. Yes, I think I've decided on the Edge in 64gb. Now to decide the color. So many choices. :D

Assuming you are going to get a case, I would work backwards and pick the case and colour you like then decide which colour phone look best

Eg the white looks good in most cases as does the black but other colours start to clash with some case colour options

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you go with the regular or the edge?

Regular. I do not see the point of the edge, so call me old school! Signed another 2 year deal with AT&T and got the 64GB for 340 plus tax. Confounded upgrade fee. I bought it online because the in store sales people where pushing the payment plans so hard they got themselves confused. lol!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Regular. I do not see the point of the edge, so call me old school! Signed another 2 year deal with AT&T and got the 64GB for 340 plus tax. Confounded upgrade fee. I bought it online because the in store sales people where pushing the payment plans so hard they got themselves confused. lol!

Usually order through AT&T customer service on the phone. Ordered through Best Buy for the free wireless charging pad.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Nice. Yeah, my wife has the edge and it definitely looks cool. And has the novelty effect going for it. But I can't justify the uptick in price for myself. She got it because you gotta keep the Mrs. happy. I'm looking at getting a 64gb regular from Amazon. Longer return period with no restocking fee. I'm also buying full price, so I have to take that into effect. But I'm also using the Nexus 6 and I really like it, but it's huge. So I haven't fully made the decision to go back to the S6. I had some lag and battery issues when I had it. But man, that's one beautiful phone! And such an awesome camera!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Usually order through AT&T customer service on the phone. Ordered through Best Buy for the free wireless charging pad.

Nice! I have a LG Charging mat that I got when I had the Nexus 4. I have it somewhere. Still like quick charging too much! Using my Moto Turbo charger on the S6 and it does quick charge! Will check out the battery life tomorrow.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! I have a LG Charging mat that I got when I had the Nexus 4. I have it somewhere. Still like quick charging too much! Using my Moto Turbo charger on the S6 and it does quick charge! Will check out the battery life tomorrow.
Rapid charger comes in the box. The OEM pad isn't bad but I use it in my office and the rapid charger overnight. Read up on the battery saving tips in the forum.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Rapid charger comes in the box. The OEM pad isn't bad but I use it in my office and the rapid charger overnight. Read up on the battery saving tips in the forum.

Yes, I will not use anything in the box till I know I am keeping it.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I look at it like this. For myself the camera is #1. Right behind that is that the S6 is a small phone that fits good in the hand. The battery isn't bad but its not great, yes people here will tell you other wise but the S6 battery is pretty much on par with the iPhone 6 and that's not bad. Also there is nothing on the horizon that's going to compete with the S6 at least until the fall so why not?....those are my reasons. Get rid of TW and install Nova or Action and you have a great phone that will probably be the best option for 4-6 months. Trashing TW is a big part of it.

The G4 will compete easily with the S6 when it arrives.

Posted via the Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
O.........k...........sorry.

If you cover the bottom microphone and use the sound recorder and just whisper into the top microphone, can you hear it on your phone? Mine picks up almost no sound. I know it is for ambient noise but just wondering if mine is working correctly.

Thanks.

Posted via my Galaxy S6

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Compete? Yes. Outsell? Not so sure.

Not so sure? Won't happen. Not even close. We can debate the superiority of each device all day, but if you're talking about sales, the GS6 will win and it's not even close.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
How are you liking the GS6 so far?

Took a day to get used to typing on it but lots of useful features. The IR blaster! I had forgotten how fun and useful that is. Did not like disabling 24 apps but still have 52 GB left but have still not done a complete setup.

The camera is flat out superb! I mean wow! Touchwiz is pretty tame these days and useful!

I asked you a question earlier about the mic on top next to the it blaster. If I cover the bottom mic
and whisper into just the top one the sound recorder (Samsung apps) registers almost nothing. Is that normal or is mine messed up?

Posted via Nexus 6!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance