I miss the S6

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Compete? Yes. Outsell? Not so sure.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Outsell has nothing to do with the quality of the phone. McDonalds outsells everybody when it comes to food, does that mean it's the best quality food? Bose outsells everyone when it comes to speakers, does that mean they are the best speakers? Of course not. And on and on....

The majority of people don't have discerning taste and just go with the masses. Enthusiasts such as those who come to this site are the exception.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Took a day to get used to typing on it but lots of useful features. The IR blaster! I had forgotten how fun and useful that is. Did not like disabling 24 apps but still have 52 GB left but have still not done a complete setup.

The camera is flat out superb! I mean wow! Touchwiz is pretty tame these days and useful!

I asked you a question earlier about the mic on top next to the it blaster. If I cover the bottom mic
and whisper into just the top one the sound recorder (Samsung apps) registers almost nothing. Is that normal or is mine messed up?

Posted via Nexus 6!

Haven't had a chance to try it.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Outsell has nothing to do with the quality of the phone. McDonalds outsells everybody when it comes to food, does that mean it's the best quality food? Bose outsells everyone when it comes to speakers, does that mean they are the best speakers? Of course not. And on and on....

The majority of people don't have discerning taste and just go with the masses. Enthusiasts such as those who come to this site are the exception.

And sometimes the best product actually does sale the most. The problem with determining quality is, everyone has different criteria for what makes a certain product better. You mentioned bose, some ppl love the sound their products provide while others may want more base or audiophiles may want a more live concert sound. Like the old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IPhone outsells every other manufacturers individual phone and most ppl who actually pay attention to phones and are in the know will acknowledge it's not the best product overall, but their are many who believe it is, because it meats their need or want.

Bottom line, sales don't mean anything (true) many great products are no longer in production because consumers gravitated to the inferior product for whatever reason and vice versa. The S6 is a great phone for those of us who value the features and qualities the phone excel at, the G4 will be a great phone to people who value the features and qualities that it excel at.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
And sometimes the best product actually does sale the most. The problem with determining quality is, everyone has different criteria for what makes a certain product better. You mentioned bose, some ppl love the sound their products provide while others may want more base or audiophiles may want a more live concert sound. Like the old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder. IPhone outsells every other manufacturers individual phone and most ppl who actually pay attention to phones and are in the know will acknowledge it's not the best product overall, but their are many who believe it is, because it meats their need or want.

Bottom line, sales don't mean anything (true) many great products are no longer in production because consumers gravitated to the inferior product for whatever reason and vice versa. The S6 is a great phone for those of us who value the features and qualities the phone excel at, the G4 will be a great phone to people who value the features and qualities that it excel at.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge??????(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
Minor point...didn't Samsung recently overtake Apple as the top global smartphone maker?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Minor point...didn't Samsung recently overtake Apple as the top global smartphone maker?

Yes, once again (they had it before). But that's Samsung's overall mobile phone line of dozens of models including feature phones versus apples 3 or 4 iPhone models. That's why I said they are the highest selling "individual" phone. 😉

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, once again (they had it before). But that's Samsung's overall mobile phone line of dozens of models including feature phones versus apples 3 or 4 iPhone models. That's why I said they are the highest selling "individual" phone. ??????

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge??????(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
Point taken. Number One is number one. Apple has several variants as well as MP3 players and MacBooks and Apple watch.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Took a day to get used to typing on it but lots of useful features. The IR blaster! I had forgotten how fun and useful that is. Did not like disabling 24 apps but still have 52 GB left but have still not done a complete setup.

The camera is flat out superb! I mean wow! Touchwiz is pretty tame these days and useful!

I asked you a question earlier about the mic on top next to the it blaster. If I cover the bottom mic
and whisper into just the top one the sound recorder (Samsung apps) registers almost nothing. Is that normal or is mine messed up?

Posted via Nexus 6!
So it's been a little bit since you got the S6 - what do you think now? I'm still on the fence. Been using a Nexus 6 for the past week and I love it. But I still miss the S6.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
So it's been a little bit since you got the S6 - what do you think now? I'm still on the fence. Been using a Nexus 6 for the past week and I love it. But I still miss the S6.

The S6 has grown on me. Although touchwiz get hammered it is quite useful. The slide to call or message from contacts etc. I returned my phone to att and ordered from Amazon since I had a 250 gift card. I also ordered the Samsung OEM wireless charger using the coupon from registering my s6 to my Samsung account.

Pros:
- IR Baster is so useful with my sneaky kids and the remotes!
- Screen resolution
- Earpiece volume is great!
- CAMERA!
- Dual wireless charging
- Quick charge
- resizable keyboard
- notification light- I have not had one for a long time but like it
- Close all recent apps at once!
- fingerprint scanner

Cons-
- battery life
- ATT, Samsung and Google bloatware (it is bloatware to me if I did not put it on my phone and I cannot delete it.
- I could have done without the glass black
- wish the capacitive key were reversed with back on left and recent apps on right like every other OEM.

Overall although I have not used a device below 5.5 inches in a while the S6 is great! It fits in my pocket better than the Nexus 6 which I have maintained is a great device but is a tad too wide IMO. At this point I plan on keeping it and using it as my daily driver for the next few weeks. Also get 30 days on Amazon to test drive!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The S6 has grown on me. Although touchwiz get hammered it is quite useful. The slide to call or message from contacts etc. I returned my phone to att and ordered from Amazon since I had a 250 gift card. I also ordered the Samsung OEM wireless charger using the coupon from registering my s6 to my Samsung account.

Pros:
- Screen resolution
- CAMERA!
- Dual wireless charging
- Quick charge
- resizable keyboard
- fingerprint scanner

Cons-
- battery life
- ATT, Samsung and Google bloatware (it is bloatware to me if I did not put it on my phone and I cannot delete it.
- wish the capacitive key were reversed with back on left and recent apps on right like every other OEM.

Overall although I have not used a device below 5.5 inches in a while the S6 is great! It fits in my pocket better than the Nexus 6 which I have maintained is a great device but is a tad too wide IMO. At this point I plan on keeping it and using it as my daily driver for the next few weeks. Also get 30 days on Amazon to test drive!

Don't forget Samsung Pay. After today's update, it seems a bit snappier and smoother than before. Hoping Lollipop 5.1.1 solves some issues others are having. I'd rather uninstall bloat rather than just disabling. At least, there is an option.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget Samsung Pay. After today's update, it seems a bit snappier and smoother than before. Hoping Lollipop 5.1.1 solves some issues others are having. I'd rather uninstall bloat rather than just disabling. At least, there is an option.

Have not used it. As a Nexus owner since the Nexus S, I use Google Wallet app, tap and pay and physical card. I have not even looked at Samsung's product but thanks for the reminder. Any advantage to google wallet or it is samsung redundancy in google apps?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Have not used it. As a Nexus owner since the Nexus S, I use Google Wallet app, tap and pay and physical card. I have not even looked at Samsung's product but thanks for the reminder. Any advantage to google wallet or it is samsung redundancy in google apps?
With Samsung Pay, you get both tap n go and MST built in. A lot of merchants don't always have tap n go and have the magnetic strip terminals.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

Pros:
- Screen resolution
- CAMERA!
- Dual wireless charging
- Quick charge
- resizable keyboard
- fingerprint scanner

Cons-
- battery life

You have a lot of the same good and bad points that I have about the S6. I've been a Nexus guy for about two years, and absolutely love stock Android. But the S6 is just such a nice phone that I could probably get over the downfalls. I love my Nexus 6, but at the same time it's quite large and unwieldy in some situations. I also have a very fast moving 2 year old that doesn't like to sit still and the camera on the Nexus can be pretty slow. Especially compared to the lightning fast S6.

I think I'll be ordering one from Amazon tonight. Prime shipping and it'll be here Friday!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You have a lot of the same good and bad points that I have about the S6. I've been a Nexus guy for about two years, and absolutely love stock Android. But the S6 is just such a nice phone that I could probably get over the downfalls. I love my Nexus 6, but at the same time it's quite large and unwieldy in some situations. I also have a very fast moving 2 year old that doesn't like to sit still and the camera on the Nexus can be pretty slow. Especially compared to the lightning fast S6.

I think I'll be ordering one from Amazon tonight. Prime shipping and it'll be here Friday!

After you get and have some time with it, hit us back.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know where to buy an Unlocked Edge for T-Mobile besides T-Mobile?

I'm specifically looking for a 64gb edge in either sapphire or gold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome