05-10-2015 09:29 PM
68 123
tools
    Changed mine to a Sony rear camera

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-04-2015 08:51 PM
    Picked a figure out of the air to differentiate a future Galaxy device. Granted there is not a great functional reason for it.
    But it sounds good nonetheless.

05-04-2015 09:25 PM
    Okay I will say it since no one else will :\

Only thing I would change is to put an Apple logo on the back.

I'll say this only once since you must have missed it on the way in...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...on-forums.html

Thank you.
    erasat likes this.
    05-04-2015 09:27 PM
    Either front facing speakers or at least a better quality bottom speaker. I'm not expecting miracles, and really the amount of time front facing speakers got used on my M8 is pretty small, but there are times when the ringtones that came with phone sound shrill and distorted when at full volume. BoomSound on my M8 may have spoiled me a bit, but the speaker still makes me cringe sometimes.

Barring that moving the damn back button to the left. I hit the wrong button all the time.
    05-04-2015 10:21 PM
    I would change it into a new Note 5.
    05-04-2015 10:30 PM
    Give me Google Now voice commands from any screen and with the screen off a la Moto X. Substitute that for S Voice.
    drone3 likes this.
    05-04-2015 11:02 PM
    The hardware is nearly perfect for me - I love the size and shape, look and feel. Camera and display are great, and I can easily live without an SD card slot (though loss of waterproofing makes me sad).

What I would change about the S6 is not so much battery size but battery efficiency/resource utilization. This is an ecosystem problem with Android with manufacturer customizations. The fact that there are multiple redundant apps and services continuously running is wasteful and confusing to new users. I don't like that apps that I only occasionally use can run in the background and use battery and data, and the bugs in the system software that are leading people to have abnormal drain are not good for Samsung or Android. I know enough about these issues to be smart about how I set things up for my own purposes, but there are still days on my S6 and my previous phone when battery would suddenly be terrible for no obvious reason (often with an increase in battery used by Google Play Services). This is frustrating and leads to unnecessary anxiety when on most days everything works great. Google wants every piece of information about you at every moment of the day (WiFi always scanning even when off? GPS-based location history always running?), so Samsung needs to think about how to set up software on its devices for a more optimal experience out of the box.
    05-04-2015 11:32 PM
    Okay I will say it since no one else will :\

Only thing I would change is to put an Apple logo on the back.
    Um....
    05-05-2015 03:50 AM
    The hardware is nearly perfect for me - I love the size and shape, look and feel. Camera and display are great, and I can easily live without an SD card slot (though loss of waterproofing makes me sad).

What I would change about the S6 is not so much battery size but battery efficiency/resource utilization. This is an ecosystem problem with Android with manufacturer customizations. The fact that there are multiple redundant apps and services continuously running is wasteful and confusing to new users. I don't like that apps that I only occasionally use can run in the background and use battery and data, and the bugs in the system software that are leading people to have abnormal drain are not good for Samsung or Android. I know enough about these issues to be smart about how I set things up for my own purposes, but there are still days on my S6 and my previous phone when battery would suddenly be terrible for no obvious reason (often with an increase in battery used by Google Play Services). This is frustrating and leads to unnecessary anxiety when on most days everything works great. Google wants every piece of information about you at every moment of the day (WiFi always scanning even when off? GPS-based location history always running?), so Samsung needs to think about how to set up software on its devices for a more optimal experience out of the box.
    You can restrict background data and turn location off.
    05-05-2015 05:31 AM
    People, turn off Google fit. It's on by default and since I turned it off, I got a nice little battery boost. Nothing really to brag about but it helps.

05-05-2015 05:52 AM
    People, turn off Google fit. It's on by default and since I turned it off, I got a nice little battery boost. Nothing really to brag about but it helps.

Where is it?
    05-05-2015 05:54 AM
    You can restrict background data and turn location off.
    Yes, but then weather widgets, and Yelp, and location based searches ("nearby") and other things don't work. When GPS is left on, battery drains incredibly fast even without my using my phone because of background processes, so I leave it off and have to turn it back on every time I navigate (which is usually in my car, which is not the most convenient time to toggle switches requiring a long press.) My wife just leaves Bluetooth and GPS on all day on her iPhone and this causes very little background drain. I deal with it because honestly I enjoy using and tweaking and personalizing my phone, but these are the types of things Google and Samsung need to work on for the "simplicity" crowd.

erasat and deeb215 like this.
    05-05-2015 05:55 AM
    Where is it?
    Lol, it's not.

05-05-2015 05:56 AM
    05-05-2015 05:57 AM
    Where is it?
    Settings, accounts, Google, sync settings.

05-05-2015 08:46 AM
    Lol, it's not.

Read quote above. Whoop whoop!

05-05-2015 08:47 AM
    Yeah but it doesn't come turned on so there is nothing to turn off......woop, woop
    Read quote above. Whoop whoop!

05-05-2015 08:49 AM
    Yeah but it doesn't come turned on so there is nothing to turn off......woop, woop
    Sync settings.. It's there. Sync Google fit data. Turn off. Came turned on, sprint S6, on the last Google play services update.

05-05-2015 08:50 AM
    maybe on yours but not on mine.
    Sync settings.. It's there. Sync Google fit data. Turn off. Came turned on, sprint S6, on the last Google play services update.

05-05-2015 09:14 AM
    maybe on yours but not on mine.
    I see it on mine, and I have 7.3 for Google Play services, so you might not have the latest Google Play Services update yet.

As a side note the last Google Play Services update turned all the Google Sync options back on. Wondered why my battery started randomly drop fast for a few hours on some days; I'm betting that was the reason.
    05-05-2015 09:26 AM
    I see it on mine, and I have 7.3 for Google Play services, so you might not have the latest Google Play Services update yet.

As a side note the last Google Play Services update turned all the Google Sync options back on. Wondered why my battery started randomly drop fast for a few hours on some days; I'm betting that was the reason.
    Yeah same here. That's how I found the new sync Google fit data.

05-05-2015 10:01 AM
    One change - I would have made the phone thicker, so that Samsung could have chosen a larger battery; additionally there would not have been any need for the camera "hump". Thicker also results in a phone that is easier to grip. I despise this push for thinness, it offers no real world benefit to consumers.
    KJ78 and danthman like this.
    05-05-2015 10:17 AM
    Thicker with a minimum of 3k battery.
    KJ78 likes this.
    05-05-2015 10:55 AM
    One change - I would have made the phone thicker, so that Samsung could have chosen a larger battery; additionally there would not have been any need for the camera "hump". Thicker also results in a phone that is easier to grip. I despise this push for thinness, it offers no real world benefit to consumers.
    It sure does have benefits being thinner! It Can fit in skinny jeans a whole lot better as to steal iPhone users!

Sarcasm at its finest!

05-05-2015 10:57 AM
    It sure does have benefits being thinner! It Can fit in skinny jeans a whole lot better as to steal iPhone users!

Sarcasm at its finest!

I don't know what I despise more, skinny jeans or the saggy, show your underwear look, especially the fubu/rockawear kind with all the designs on the pockets .... nauseating

KJ78 likes this.
    05-05-2015 11:14 AM
68 123