VERUS -v- OTTERBOX

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for about a week and returned it within my 14-days because of some issues. During that time, I was using a VERUS case and loved it.

When I turned in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, I received the regular Samsung Galaxy S6 (both phones are 128-gb devices), I was using the OTTERBOX (used it for a few days). The OTTERBOX just seemed bulky for me, though I do like the belt-clip.

I just received the VERUS for my Samsung Galaxy S6 and am liking it. Other than the clip, it comes with a heavy-duty protection case, which I ended up buying two different colors. For what I spent on the VERUS, I spent just as much on the OTTERBOX!

I wanted to get some feedback from everyone on the two cases.

Thank you.

WBS

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I had the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge for about a week and returned it within my 14-days because of some issues. During that time, I was using a VERUS case and loved it.

When I turned in the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, I received the regular Samsung Galaxy S6 (both phones are 128-gb devices), I was using the OTTERBOX (used it for a few days). The OTTERBOX just seemed bulky for me, though I do like the belt-clip.

I just received the VERUS for my Samsung Galaxy S6 and am liking it. Other than the clip, it comes with a heavy-duty protection case, which I ended up buying two different colors. For what I spent on the VERUS, I spent just as much on the OTTERBOX!

Thank you.

WBS

I agree about the otterbox. It looks like you have a lunchbox strapped to your belt when it's on:)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Thank you.

WBS

Ditch the belt clip. Defender is far less bulky than in years past. The outer layer appears more durable and it is more dense taking some of the bulk. Don't have any experience with the Verus other seeing pictures of it. From my past experience with Defender cases for years, I am confident that my device will be pristine and work just as god as the day I bought it regardless of any drops, no dings or scratches.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Ditch the belt clip. Defender is far less bulky than in years past. The outer layer appears more durable and it is more dense taking some of the bulk. Don't have any experience with the Verus other seeing pictures of it. From my past experience with Defender cases for years, I am confident that my device will be pristine and work just as god as the day I bought it regardless of any drops, no dings or scratches.

What?

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I despise Otterbox cases, the bulk is unsightly and I've owned two glass back phones (Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia) that have both survived numerous drops inside slim and attractive Incipio cases which are really not useful for drop protection at all. I just bought them to keep the glass backs from scratching up

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I despise Otterbox cases, the bulk is unsightly and I've owned two glass back phones (Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia) that have both survived numerous drops inside slim and attractive Incipio cases which are really not useful for drop protection at all. I just bought them to keep the glass backs from scratching up
Have you actually seen the GS6 Defender? I had them on all my smartphones since 2006 and this version is far slimmer than past models.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Of course. Nothing OB offers is sleeker than cases similar to Incipio though.
The Defender isn't for every one and either works for you or not. My preference is protection over aesthetics. You get what you pay for. Granted this is my first phone with a glass back. That said and give how much the devices cost, I want to do everything to mitigate the risk.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
The Defender isn't for every one and either works for you or not. My preference is protection over aesthetics. You get what you pay for. Granted this is my first phone with a glass back. That said and give how much the devices cost, I want to do everything to mitigate the risk.
Understandable of course, I'm just relaying my years of going for aesthetics over protection for glass backed phones and not having a single breakage from drops. Perhaps I've just been lucky, I'll never know.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Did you keep the built in screen protector? I went with the commuter but had strongly considered getting a defender and removing the protector to replace it with a tempered glass one.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Did you keep the built in screen protector? I went with the commuter but had strongly considered getting a defender and removing the protector to replace it with a tempered glass one.

I have always used the original screen protector. The one on this version is very responsive and doesn't distort the display.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you actually seen the GS6 Defender? I had them on all my smartphones since 2006 and this version is far slimmer than past models.
How much does it weigh, without the holster?

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
How much does it weigh, without the holster?

I will let you know when I get a chance to weigh it. That's a good,question. It does add some weight which can be good with a device as light as the GS6. It's definitely light enough that I don't notice it in my pocket during the day. That and the grip of the silicone outer layer will keep on an inclined service.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I will let you know when I get a chance to weigh it. That's a good,question. It does add some weight which can be good with a device as light as the GS6. It's definitely light enough that I don't notice it in my pocket during the day. That and the grip of the silicone outer layer will keep on an inclined service.
Do you notice scratches on the silicone? After a few months I noticed them on multiple previous otterbox cases. I might be more harsh on the case than some others though.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you notice scratches on the silicone? After a few months I noticed them on multiple previous otterbox cases. I might be more harsh on the case than some others though.

I've only had it since the day of release of the GS6 but it is as pristine as the day I got it.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I think Verus will be my go to S6 case maker for awhile. I have a Thor and a Verge for now and they have good protection and feel to them. Next I'll get their Iron and Crucial Bumper.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think Verus will be my go to S6 case maker for awhile. I have a Thor and a Verge for now and they have good protection and feel to them. Next I'll get their Iron and Crucial Bumper.

The device is so bloody thin and light that those worried about bulk need to take another look and not rely on past conceptions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital