VERUS -v- OTTERBOX

kyle.brown

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I am the opposite i had a few Verus cases and absolutely hate them. To me they are a cheap knock off of Spigen. I have 2 Verus that will never see the light of day again and 3 Spigen i rotate depending on what i am doing that day.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
The device is so bloody thin and light that those worried about bulk need to take another look and not rely on past conceptions.

The Defender doesn't look bad but I feel the 2 layer protection of the Verus cases offer enough for me compared to Otterbox's 3 layer protection which is a little too bulky for my liking. I do wish the my Verus cases offered as much front drop protection as the Defender does,

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I am the opposite i had a few Verus cases and absolutely hate them. To me they are a cheap knock off of Spigen. I have 2 Verus that will never see the light of day again and 3 Spigen i rotate depending on what i am doing that day.

Spigen has some cheap looking cases also, especially the one's with those skimpy kickstands. the only case of theirs I'd probably buy is the Neo Hybrid Metal.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The Defender doesn't look bad but I feel the 2 layer protection of the Verus cases offer enough for me compared to Otterbox's 3 layer protection which is a little too bulky for my liking. I do wish the my Verus cases offered as much front drop protection as the Defender does,

Verus Cases = No Port Covers. :p

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Two of the three are connected. The spongy layer is attached to the polycarbonate shell. Otterbox has really done a great job of slimming the case down. Plus, it has good grip on slick and inclined surfaces.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

WBSnow

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I appreciate feedback. The Verus is much slimmer than the Otterbox, which is the plus I like the most. I agree there are covers for the ports -- plug or earpiece.

When I bought the Otterbox, I took out the plastic because I bought a screen protector (glass).

I also think it depends on the mood I'm in.....

Posted via the Android Central App