Solution for slippery S6?

changeup

May 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

So after many android phones, I finally decided to join the discussion. So let me ask for help, all while airing some frustration hehe.

After the S3 & S5, I now have the S6. I really really resent Samsung's Decision to go iPhone with the back, no battery and no sd, but yeah: Business. I still went for the S6, because of the inside. I'm just too happy with the way Samsung has been bringing their brand of improvements/modifications with their phones, and simply just don't want to miss it.

But that glass back, makes me hate my phone every day. I can't just put something beneath it, when I have it next to me on the table, to be able to easily watch a series while typing, it'll slide right off. Today, I had it next to me on the couch, and sliiiiide and it's on the floor.

I've always had covers, but lately, with the S5, I started to got without a cover. The phone looks great, and I thought I wanted to see it, slim and nice, not always have a bulky brick in my hand. So I stopped using a cover and was happy with the decision..

..but it seems now I have not other alternative. Or is there? I just can't have the phone like that. I like to USE my phones, it's an instrument, and not a jewel box I'm carrying with me. But with the S6, just holding it in the hands, kind of gets makes me treat it more like some bomb fuse that I slowly took off a hot bomb and need to put away, rather than a tool, I'm constantly using for everything (which I am).

For those of you who feel similar: what cover do you use? I want something simple, not a protection vs dropping the phone, just something that makes it less slippery when handling it or when putting it down.

End of rant and hope for help hehe.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I've never been one for a case, why hide away the hardware when it looks amazing, but with my new S6 it really is a slippery bugger. The other day it just slipped out my hand when I was on the phone - thankfully my ninja reactions caught it before it hit the ground - but next time I might not be so lucky. I ordered a simple silicone transparent case from Ebay - some of the cases on Ebay are really slim so it won't add too much to the phone - plus with the transparent material you can still enjoy the physical appearance of the phone.

Or go onto slickwraps and order yourself a skin :) I would suggest the natural series, I have cork on my Nexus 6 and love it

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm using this one , its extremely thin and lightweighhttp://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Thin-Semi-transparent-Lightweight-Absolutely-Bulkiness/dp/B00QU4N7AK

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've never been one for a case, why hide away the hardware when it looks amazing, but with my new S6 it really is a slippery bugger. The other day it just slipped out my hand when I was on the phone - thankfully my ninja reactions caught it before it hit the ground - but next time I might not be so lucky. I ordered a simple silicone transparent case from Ebay - some of the cases on Ebay are really slim so it won't add too much to the phone - plus with the transparent material you can still enjoy the physical appearance of the phone.

Or go onto slickwraps and order yourself a skin :) I would suggest the natural series, I have cork on my Nexus 6 and love it

Protection might be more of a concern since both the front and back are glass, a first in a Galaxy device.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
What are they? a foil? isn't it messy/hard to apply, and if you eff it up, you're done?

Unfortunately, I live in Europe...
Having that sent over to germany will cost quite a bit, and probably take a while...

I'm from the UK - they took about 2 weeks to be delivered and the postage wasn't that expensive tbh.

They are really easy to apply and both websites - dbrand and slickwraps comes with instructional videos to watch. You can also remove them and they leave zero residue.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I use this the Samsung Protective Cover for Samsung Galaxy S6 - Clear Black Sapphire:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4409400

It's the official Samsung cover, and it only attaches over the corners leaving all of the sides open. It doesn't slide around when I put it down, and the handling is greatly improved. I can reach all the corners of the screen without fear of dropping it now.

They may carry it on Amazon UK.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So changeup, I am with you on this same problem, I have the Gold S6 64GB and like you are not one for cases either, but have really started noticing this slipping from the back and I can't place it on top of my wallet a pillow or anything without it sliding off. I did get 1 clear Ringke case but I'm still not going to use that all the time because I don't like cases. So I found this and am supposed to get it today so will follow back, but its a back tempered glass glass cover and its supposed to be better than the normal ones you get with the cases. I'm hoping if I try this it will cut down on the fingerprints and the slipping of the phone, you should check it out on amazon here - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4409654

changeup

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm from the UK - they took about 2 weeks to be delivered and the postage wasn't that expensive tbh.

They are really easy to apply and both websites - dbrand and slickwraps comes with instructional videos to watch. You can also remove them and they leave zero residue.

and it's less slippery then right?
I see that slick only does backs, dBrand both sides. Do you guys know if there is a "slippery" difference between the different colours you can chose? they're purely looks right, they're all just foil?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
and it's less slippery then right?
I see that slick only does backs, dBrand both sides. Do you guys know if there is a "slippery" difference between the different colours you can chose? they're purely looks right, they're all just foil?

It's definitely less slippery - each design comes with a different feel and texture to it, they aren't foil. imagine a giant sticker for your phone. from Dbrand I've had a carbon fibre back and a matte finished back for my Nexus 6, both have different textured feel to them. I would say the carbon fibre finish is the least slippery out of them both. From Slickwraps I ordered from their natural line, including wood and cork. So far I've only used the cork back, both feel really good in the hand.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a bumper since you don't really want a protective case? I have a nice metal one from Verus, but you may want to try a rubber one. I haven't had an opportunity to test signal strength with the metal bumper yet.