Best free email

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm looking for a free email app that doesn't have a signature. The stock email hasn't worked well with my exchange account and sometimes I delete things and they continue to show up. The Gmail app won't let me add my exchange account. Keeps giving me an error. I use aquamail but I hate the signature and don't want to pay 5 bucks.

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a free email app that doesn't have a signature. The stock email hasn't worked well with my exchange account and sometimes I delete things and they continue to show up. The Gmail app won't let me add my exchange account. Keeps giving me an error. I use aquamail but I hate the signature and don't want to pay 5 bucks.

Have you tried Microsoft's Outlook app? Neither the Samsung nor Google calendar apps synced with my Exchange calendar correctly, but Outlook does that well and has a resizable agenda widget. I like how it implements the focused and non focused inbox. You cannot control the sync schedule, but all my Exchange syncing happens through the app and so I do not need the phone itself (through the Accounts setting) to sync with that account at all. There are other issues (it only syncs one month of email at startup, search doesn't work as well as I'd like), but generally works for my purposes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
$5.00 is too much to pay for top-quality software? AquaMail is worth every penny and more.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes I am not paying 5 dollars to simply remove a signature that other free apps don't have.
Well, other free apps don't have the extensive features AquaMail has. And $5 does more than remove the signature.

I feel I have a responsibility to support hard work by developers who write high quality software. And $5 or $2, whatever, the typical minimal prices for most software is a drop in the bucket, such a tiny percentage compared to the cost of phones and service that I just don't care as long as I get the best app for my needs.

But I understand the draw of 'Free!'. It can be irresistible.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, other free apps don't have the extensive features AquaMail has. And $5 does more than remove the signature.

I feel I have a responsibility to support hard work by developers who write high quality software. And $5 or $2, whatever, the typical minimal prices for most software is a drop in the bucket, such a tiny percentage compared to the cost of phones and service that I just don't care as long as I get the best app for my needs.

But I understand the draw of 'Free!'. It can be irresistible.

I tried AquaMail and, frankly found that I preferred MyMail. Has nothing to do with the cost involved as I agree with your sentiment that it's kind of our responsibility to support developers of good quality software. Anyone walking around with a $700 phone, paying $75/month for service who won't pay $2-$5 for an app is unbelievably cheap, to say nothing of illogical. Kind of like the guy who will go out for a $150/plate dinner and then complain about having to tip the parking valet a couple of bucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance