My wi fi drops out occasionally. It seems to be random and so far only a few times a day, but still annoying. Anyone else seeing this? Any fixes posted?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-06-2015 09:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does that occur on any wi-fi network, or just one particular one?
    05-07-2015 12:53 AM
    I initially had that problem with the S6. Try rebooting your phone and modem a few times, see if that helps.

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-07-2015 12:57 AM
    I only have one network to test it on, but I have another phone and 4 tablets on it and none of them have experienced the problem.

05-07-2015 04:32 AM
    I also have this issue I would know wifi disconnects and reconnects becoz the phone will stop responding. It not that I get ANR notif but the phone is jsut froze and only responsive when wifi reconnects.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    05-07-2015 07:16 AM
    As mentioned, try a reboot of your router. Possibly even a reset, but make sure you have all your settings backed up first, or at least written down somewhere. Another possibility is the Wi-Fi channel you're using. I use a free app called Wi-Fi Analyzer and I have switched channels a couple of times to one that is not as crowded by other routers in the area. Remember though that if you change the channel you're using on the router to change it on any devices where it can be manually set...such as a laptop or tablet. The phone itself doesn't have the option to choose the channel. It will just connect on whichever one is set on the router. Also, use 2.4Ghz instead of 5Ghz as it helps with battery drain...at least until "they" fix lolli-****.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-07-2015 08:45 AM
    hy,
    you just need to reboot your phone and restart the router,
    drone3 likes this.
    05-07-2015 09:21 AM
    In addition to the good suggestions from jaseman#AC, review this guide for other tips: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html. The fact that other devices connect successfully doesn't mean a router reboot won't help.
    05-07-2015 09:58 AM
    I had the same issue and solved it by changing my routers security from WPA2/Mixed Mode to WPA2 Personal. Since this change, it works fine on both 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz. Tried everything I could find on the I-Net and nothing worked other than this. Hope this helps.
    06-04-2015 10:48 AM
    My WiFi problem is getting much worse. I tried the suggestions above (thanks, guys) but no joy. Now the symptoms have evolved to really slow loading times on all apps. Problem exists with either 5 or 2.4 GHz. It not the router or modem as I have an S3, Acer tablet, Kindle Fire and several laptops that run just fine AND switching to data only, the phone returns to its snappy old self. I guess it's back to Best Buy tomorrow to see if they will replace it for me. I have their insurance program so we'll see..?

06-14-2015 05:07 AM
    James: What router are you using?

06-17-2015 05:14 AM
    OK. Reset the router one more time and the third time was the charm. All is well now. Thanks to all of you guys for the suggestions!

06-18-2015 03:00 PM
    My wi fi drops out occasionally. It seems to be random and so far only a few times a day, but still annoying. Anyone else seeing this? Any fixes posted?

By the way, I tested it connected to other wifi networks and happens the same. ANY help, please!!!!
    08-19-2015 04:46 PM
    I have the same problem. Only had my S6 for 2 weeks and it drops out at home (have re-booted router) and at work (can't reboot there - it's a school with several wifi systems). Very frustrating and Vodafone refuse to replace it as it is 6 days past the 14 day return period. It goes back on instantly I touch the wifi button but it means I am missing emails at the time they arrive.
    11-02-2015 04:44 PM