Small purple dots

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So close to being done with this phone as much as I like it. I've had so many problems. I now have purple dots on my selfie mode camera. They don't go away and Ive done a hard reset, too. I backed up using smart switch and when trying to restore I am getting an error and can't get my stuff back from smart switch. So frustrating. And even with the reset I still am having the small purple dots. Any one else have these dots? Any way to fix it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
A fellow ambassador once said this and I agree with him. If this is a brand new phone and in less than a month you're having issues, don't try. Just exchange it.

The purple dots, especially if always in the same spot, are certainly a hardware issue and no software "tricks" would fix that.

katiheefner

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
A fellow ambassador once said this and I agree with him. If this is a brand new phone and in less than a month you're having issues, don't try. Just exchange it.

The purple dots, especially if always in the same spot, are certainly a hardware issue and no software "tricks" would fix that.

It is past the fourteen days. Do I go to my carrier or do I go to Best Buy (which is where I purchased the phone)? Thanks for your help.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you purchased it at Best Buy go directly to them. They'll exchange it within 15 days I believe. Carrier might try to give you a refurb (not sure if any are out there but why chance it, right?)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is an issue with the phone as I've seen some reports now, especially at night shots with the front-facing camera...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer