Spotify and the GS6 volume issue.

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having volume issues with Spotify on their GS6? Today it was lower than usually while driving. And Spotify volume always drops during a notification. Is this just the app?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's supposed to lower when you get notifications. Not sure why it would have been more quiet than usual though. Did you plug in with an AUX cable?

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's supposed to lower when you get notifications. Not sure why it would have been more quiet than usual though. Did you plug in with an AUX cable?

yeah. I turned the car volume way up and it was definitely not as loud as it should've been. And I was playing a downloaded album at "extreme" quality, supposedly.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yeah. I turned the car volume way up and it was definitely not as loud as it should've been. And I was playing a downloaded album at "extreme" quality, supposedly.
Quality has nothing to do with volume. You sure the cable was plugged in properly. I've never had volume issues with Spotify

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Quality has nothing to do with volume. You sure the cable was plugged in properly. I've never had volume issues with Spotify

I triple checked the cable. After work I'll try it on other apps. I think its a Spotify issue though.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Spotify all the time, I do not have this problem
The volume goes down when I get notifications, but will go right back up
Are you using headphones? When you plug in headphones, the volume goes down and you have you turn the volume back up, thats more fore safety I believe

fritzo81

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I use Spotify all the time, I do not have this problem
The volume goes down when I get notifications, but will go right back up
Are you using headphones? When you plug in headphones, the volume goes down and you have you turn the volume back up, thats more fore safety I believe

It was probably just a one time issue. But man I wish Spotify would just play over notifications.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It was probably just a one time issue. But man I wish Spotify would just play over notifications.
Does any other music service do that? Pretty sure GPM does that too. Could just put the phone on mute when you're playing music

joeszef

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
No issues here as well. I like how samsung implemented an low music vol when notification tone comes in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Derrick Kline

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue over a week ago and I thought it was so weird. Brand new AUX cable and I made sure it was in properly. The volume cut out for a second every few minutes, and now that you mention it makes sense it was muting on notifications. I'll try to reproduce it this weekend, but I just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with this problem.

Herbert62

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I recognize this issue. I have 2x SG6 Edge and a LG G4.
Both SG6 Edge have the volume issues. Volume goes down and come up on regular basis (no..no notifications or whatever).
My LG G4 works perfectly absolutely no such volume issues.

Doesn't take away that the SG6 Edge is a perfect device.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I recognize this issue. I have 2x SG6 Edge and a LG G4.
Both SG6 Edge have the volume issues. Volume goes down and come up on regular basis (no..no notifications or whatever).
My LG G4 works perfectly absolutely no such volume issues.

Doesn't take away that the SG6 Edge is a perfect device.

I have this issue as well. I tried everything. It's not just the notifications. Definitely sucks though because if you have your volume turned up, it goes low, then you turn it up again and when the volume goes up again it's too loud. If Spotify wasn't so great, I would've chucked it already

jickey

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem the first night I used my SGS6 and Spotify. The audio would go low for a while and then up loud - I couldn't get it adjusted right. I checked sound settings to see if something obvious stood out and I saw that I had checked SoundAlive+ in the Sound Quality settings. I turned it off and haven't had any issues since.

Well, one issue...my Pioneer AHV 4000NEX lost everything when I had to disconnect my battery and it took FOREVER to get my system set back up correctly so Spotify would sound good again :)

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I unchecked sound alive and it doesn't occur anymore. Doesn't sound as good though. Ya win some, ya lose some