Stop the Video Camera Autostart !

Do you like the Video Camera Auto Record on your S6 ?

• Total voters

IncognitoS6

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,
Ive been online and on the phone with samsung sense the day I got my S6 regarding the auto start (auto record) on the Video camera.
Samsung its a new option, I say its a stupid option.
on my S3 and S4 the option was always there to hit the record button after selecting video mode, on the S6, select video mode and boom it automatically starts recording.
I could list off the 100 reasons why this is not good, but a few of the key ones are..
How does samsung expect us to be aimed and ready to go as soon as we hit video mode ?
When im shooting a video I like to get aimed up, positioned right and make sure im in good lighting and so on.
just a few days ago I tried to get a quick video of an Eagle swooping down for a fish, amazing to see, by the time I hit video mode and acutally got him in the view of the camera I realized I was badly out of focus and the light would have made the video horrible.
thats a spur of the moment shot, I understand that, not everything is going to be perfect.
however, I was recently at a birthday party for a 90 year old friend of the family, it was evening time with fading light,
I had to select the camera mode and then stop the recording process 6 times before I was arragned in such a way that the light was ok and the image was clear and I could get the video of the cake and candles.
this wouldnt have happened if the video didnt auto start, even on my old S3, you selected video, it got itself in focus then you hit the record button, so simple and easy.
I could move the phone around to adjust for lighting or other variables for disturbing the quality of the Video.

why make a video auto start ?

as of 10 minutes ago Samsung still said they had no plans to change the software to disable the auto record.

I suggest, for the people who dont like it, so vote on here and pass it to Samsung, There is power in numbers.
I dont know about you guys, but I love having the ability to have a video camera in my pocket at all times.
but to have it auto record as soon as I select it, it just a stupid and pointless way of having it.

do you like the auto start ?
do you hate the auto start ?

Whats your opinion and do you want this changed ?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what's hard about pointing it at what you want to see and then pushing the button. It's actually faster this way.

Same here
I don't see the problem with it
Its the exact same thing to me except the autostart way is faster...either way you will be pointing and shooting

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got used to it after one day. I do wish it worked like on the S3, or at least make auto start an option but it's really no big deal to me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38