What will happen if my Galaxy S6 (will be) is turned off for a long time?

Kishan Singh3

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Galaxy S6 (will be) turned off for a long time

Hi guys,
I have just bought the Galaxy S6 and brought it to school for my A-Levels registration yesterday...during the registration process,my Galaxy S6 rang and thus the phone got confiscated...I managed to turn the smartphone off after begging the principal for permission to do so...When I turned off the phone i remember the last battery percentage i read was 68%.

I asked the principal when the phone will be returned and he said perhaps mid-July but according to other students,the school returns their phone after 6 months so my question is this...

What will happen after i get back my phone after 6 months? will the phone be corrupted or something else might happen?

Thanks

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 (will be) turned off for a long time

You may have a dead battery (just recharge it) but that's about it - other than having a brand new S6 that's not of any use till 6 months from now :(
That's a heck of a penalty, but I guess that's what it takes these days....

joeszef

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

Too bad ur phone got confiscated... :(

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Or... You can hire a attorney and get your property back. Usually it only takes a letter to do so since it wasn't a weapon or you weren't trying to cheat on a exam. It's a new phone and if you are making payments on it they legally can't keep it.

Posted via the Android Central App from my HTC m8

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Call the Police and go get you phone back. In this day and age they can't legally confiscate your property like that. Maybe you are outside of the US?

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Unlawful confiscation is called theft. He has the right to take away during that time, but he can not legally take it until July.

What a bunch of [language], this is why people in a position of authority do stuff like that, because people like this let them. I'd report his [language] to the police...bottom line

Site the 4th amendment and if they refuse to give it back, I would take legal action against him

I know this isn't the forum for this, just commenting on this post.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Confiscated for that long? Wow thats nuts I would be pissed!

Hopefully you have a password on your phone.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys,
I asked the principal when the phone will be returned and he said perhaps mid-July but according to other students,the school returns their phone after 6 months so my question is this...
Thanks

That is completely outrageous. If my kid has his brand new, $900 phone taken from him, I'd rip that principal a new one. And this is coming from someone that has the utmost respect for educators (many in my family).

Yes, my kid would see some consequences, but confiscation should be illegal, if it isn't.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

What country do you live in?
edit: you answered before I refreshed... I see the answer.

Kishan Singh3

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Let's get back to the main topic here : what will the consequences be on the device? also thanks a lot for your guys' concern

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown