What will happen if my Galaxy S6 (will be) is turned off for a long time?

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 (will be) turned off for a long time

There are no consequences outside of a dead battery.

Yup. Just recharge it when you get it back. But damn, that's such a harsh penalty. We're so accustomed to our protective laws here in America we take them for granted. Imagine if a high school principle did that here and refused to give it back? How quick do you think the parents (who paid upwards of $900 for it) would descend on the school with pitch forks? After ten years in the Navy and living in other countries you certainly learn to appreciate what you got back in 'Murica.

bER1Nry

May 7, 2015
Visit site

I'm not going to lie friend I'm pretty sure it's illegal to confiscate a phone for that long. I'd be getting your parents to speak to higher authority I would not be standing for such [language]!

Last edited by a moderator:

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

Outside the USA bribery is often an accepted practice. I'd suggest OP to have their parents buy the device back.

OP, vibrate mode is your friend.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Call the Police and go get you phone back. In this day and age they can't legally confiscate your property like that. Maybe you are outside of the US?

I agree... I would call the police and file grand thief charges then sue in court and take the principal and the whole school district to court. Get a lawyer.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I agree... I would call the police and file grand thief charges then sue in court and take the principal and the whole school district to court. Get a lawyer.

OP is from Malaysia. They have different cultural morays than we do. The punishment could have worse. In the US, if a school, public or private, has a rule, the kids deserve the consequences. If you don't like the rule, work to change it. These schools have to worry about possible illicit activity, criminal or juvenile. Backup topic, no issues to the phone. An hour or so on the rapid charger and back in business.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Kishan Singh3

May 7, 2015
Visit site

aight guys,i'm going to talk to the principal today citing 'legal' confiscation till july as theft and should return the device ASAP

ibuyufo

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

aight guys,i'm going to talk to the principal today citing 'legal' confiscation till july as theft and should return the device ASAP

This is where things go from bad to worse for the OP. Don't be surprised if he/she is not heard from again.

Kishan Singh3

May 7, 2015
Visit site

well,they said they will return the phone on Parents-Teachers conference which is on 27th of June..so i guess i can wait

Angry_Mushroom

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I don't think anything will happen to your phone. I'd say it's a bit of a harsh punishment, but trying to call it theft is a bit daft. School policy and conduct are likely all there, and state the consequences. The fact there's no wiggle room is just downright odd, and personally I'd recommend going there with an apology, and not an accusation.

Kishan Singh3

May 7, 2015
Visit site

If i had accused them i would be expelled straight away,so i went to the principal's office,apologised and promised that this will not happen again..

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

If more schools did this in the United States we may end up with better students...

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

If more schools did this in the United States we may end up with better students...

I agree, I just think the duration of the confiscation is absurd... especially for something so expensive that you still have to pay bills for those 2 months of no use.

If they did that in the US, it would be lawsuit city.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech