Well as the title states I am having a huge problem with making a decision. If the Samsung S6's 32GB model was actually 32 it would seem like a better catch. But I feel like I will regret not getting the 64GB in the long run. My problem is the price if I want the 32 I'll be paying $250 Canadian and if I want the 64GB I'll have to pay $360 Canadian. Is the added GB's really worth another $110 dollars?

Is it safe to say this phone will last me 4 years? Truth be told that is my goal, and should I be waiting longer to pick one up or is it safe to get one now. I fear of technical issues. It has been almost a month since release date though. I was holding out for the Topaz blue but I feel like it will never come to Canada.

Sorry for the huge post, I am just trying to make the right decision. I am leaving the dark side of blackberry 10 and coming to the android splice of things, so I need some guidance.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to hear me out!

Cheers!
    05-07-2015 10:53 AM
    Yes, it's worth the extra money for the extra space. I have no idea if the phone will last 4 years though.
    I'm thinking more like a 6 month life spam.
    05-07-2015 11:47 AM
    Yes, it's worth the extra money for the extra space. I have no idea if the phone will last 4 years though.
    I'm thinking more like a 6 month life spam.
    Haha I hope by that you only mean samsung next device might be out 6 months from now. I am by no means a crazy phone junkie where I have to have the latest thing as soon as it comes out. But I hope the actual device lasts longer than that. Because if not there is not point in buying it at all. Lol.
    05-07-2015 11:56 AM
    Well as the title states I am having a huge problem with making a decision. If the Samsung S6's 32GB model was actually 32 it would seem like a better catch. But I feel like I will regret not getting the 64GB in the long run. My problem is the price if I want the 32 I'll be paying $250 Canadian and if I want the 64GB I'll have to pay $360 Canadian. Is the added GB's really worth another $110 dollars?

Is it safe to say this phone will last me 4 years? Truth be told that is my goal, and should I be waiting longer to pick one up or is it safe to get one now. I fear of technical issues. It has been almost a month since release date though. I was holding out for the Topaz blue but I feel like it will never come to Canada.

Sorry for the huge post, I am just trying to make the right decision. I am leaving the dark side of blackberry 10 and coming to the android splice of things, so I need some guidance.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to hear me out!

Cheers!
    64GB should be enough to last. It all depends on your expectations and habits. Do you have a lot of music and video?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-07-2015 12:02 PM
    64GB should be enough to last. It all depends on your expectations and habits. Do you have a lot of music and video?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    I would like to be able to put on at least 300 songs to have a decent library on it. It's the 4k video filming that is getting me I know the file sizes are going to be on the larger side and I plan to have this as my phone for 3 or more years so I just don't want to have to be backing up my phone every 3 months because lack of space.
    05-07-2015 12:28 PM
    My 64GB only had 52.78 free to start

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-07-2015 01:24 PM
    Unless you've been living under a rock technology-wise, anyone and their grandmother knows about the GB stated and what's actually formatted. Always been this way.

Having prefaced with that, get the biggest GB available even though you're being gouged prices wise. If Samsung had at least kept the SD slot you could be looking at getting at most a 128GB card for the premium you're paying going from 32GB to 64GB.
    Heck even ultra high speed 64GB cards are going for right about 30 bucks.

Do any of the U.S carriers carry the 128GB model?
    05-07-2015 01:27 PM
    Unless you've been living under a rock technology-wise, anyone and their grandmother knows about the GB stated and what's actually formatted. Always been this way.

Having prefaced with that, get the biggest GB available even though you're being gouged prices wise. If Samsung had at least kept the SD slot you could be looking at getting at most a 128GB card for the premium you're paying going from 32GB to 64GB.
    Heck even ultra high speed 64GB cards are going for right about 30 bucks.

Do any of the U.S carriers carry the 128GB model?
    Yes, I have the Verizon 128GB model.
    05-07-2015 01:42 PM
    Got the Sprint 128GB a few weeks ago. I think 64GB augmented with cloud is sufficient for most people except those who plan to shoot lots of video, or take more than your average number of photos (photos on this thing are large at default settings). All of this can be moved off to cloud/PC/wherever, but if you're on a long trip for example you want enough storage to capture everything and offload it later. I think with 64GB you have more than enough room for your typical assortment of must-have apps, personal data, a decent MP3 library (although I just stream mine from Amazon cloud drive now, and Google Play Music does the same for free) and of course photos and short videos. 300 mp3 songs btw is only probably about 1.5 to 2.5 GB. If you use your phone for the long haul (2+ years) like I do it probably makes sense to get the largest storage size you can.
    jdmorin likes this.
    05-07-2015 01:53 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, I am cringing at the price but it does feel like I would regret it later. My sister just got a S4 and she only has 3gb of free space left (16gb model no SD card) and I feel like with the 22GB's you will get on the smallest size it feels like it will go fast. Considering app updates only make file sizes larger not smaller.
    05-07-2015 02:29 PM
    Thanks for all the responses, I am cringing at the price but it does feel like I would regret it later. My sister just got a S4 and she only has 3gb of free space left (16gb model no SD card) and I feel like with the 22GB's you will get on the smallest size it feels like it will go fast. Considering app updates only make file sizes larger not smaller.
    Pay for as much memory as you can afford. If you are planning on keeping the phone for a number of years file sizes will only get bigger. I remember buying a 212mb hard disk 20 years ago thinking that I would never fill that up.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    05-07-2015 02:51 PM
    Pay for as much memory as you can afford. If you are planning on keeping the phone for a number of years file sizes will only get bigger. I remember buying a 212mb hard disk 20 years ago thinking that I would never fill that up.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    I agree. Spend only what makes sense. You can decide what you really want on the phone versus what can be stored on the cloud especially if it's something you have used in years.
    05-07-2015 07:06 PM
    Thanks everyone!!! I got the 64gb black sapphire and I have no regrets on my color or size.

06-03-2015 07:35 PM
    Thanks everyone!!! I got the 64gb black sapphire and I have no regrets on my color or size.

Congrats. Great choice. Hit us back with feedback when you've had time to use your device for a while.
    06-03-2015 07:53 PM
    Will do!

06-03-2015 08:24 PM
    Its all about managing your cloud storage effectively
    06-04-2015 11:41 AM
    To the OP, I get your concerns about actual storage, but your comment is an old complaint that simply needs to die and be done. The stated storage for any device does not equal the actual amount after formatting and OS has been installed. Its been that way on every smartphone for years and years, a computer HDD or SSD does not give you the stated storage either.

That said, if you are concerned about storage, always buy the most you can possibly afford, I personally got the 128GB, I will likely never need a 128GB but since I can't add microSD or swap it out like a HDD (or in the case of my MBP, I can't even swap that out since Apple refuses to make one an SSD that is swappable . . . typical apple).
    Laura Knotek and jcp007 like this.
    06-06-2015 09:18 PM
    I will probably never use all of the 50GB free that I have now.
    06-06-2015 09:23 PM