Increase baseline brightness? (Auto)

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed the auto brightness is too low in many situations. I have to switch it manually 3-5 times a day. Is there a way to increase the baseline brightness?

RFish86

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
When your in auto do you have the bar cranked all the way up? That controls your baseline for auto

Posted via the Android Central App

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
When I'm in auto it doesn't make any difference where the sliders at except in direct sunlight.
But that would be a good idea if samsung made it where the slider was the baseline when in auto mode.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I'm in auto it doesn't make any difference where the sliders at except in direct sunlight.
But that would be a good idea if samsung made it where the slider was the baseline when in auto mode.
I only use auto brightness In truly harsh sunlight. Normally, at 50% brightness! it is still fine in the car on a sunny day. The GS6 is much brighter than my GS4.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
When your in auto do you have the bar cranked all the way up? That controls your baseline for auto

That didn't work for me. It seems to go back to 20% every time I select Auto. I don't have power save turned on. What's the name of the package that controls the sensor? I may have accidentally disabled it with Package Disabler.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Yah that's not how it works. If i have mine on auto and go into a dark room the screen gets incredibly dim. If i turn off auto the screen brightens up to the 30% i have the bar set at. Auto does everything on its own.

But i would also like to be able to set a baseline like OP said. Would be super helpful because the brightness in a really dark room is just TOO dim.

RFish86

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Well mine works like that. Canada carrier. Can adjust the baseline brightness on auto with the slider. It's handy. You can't tell it's doing this is your out in so light it won't crank it down. But with auto on in a house or darker room it changes with the slider in auto.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Can someone else on verizon confirm that you can use the slider for baseline brightness while auto brightness is on. Because I'm on verizon and mine don't work like that.
It would be pretty cool if it did.
I kept thinking they should of implimented something like this a long time ago.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Can someone else on verizon confirm that you can use the slider for baseline brightness while auto brightness is on. Because I'm on verizon and mine don't work like that.
It would be pretty cool if it did.
I kept thinking they should of implimented something like this a long time ago.

Theres no slider baseline on verizon for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance