So, I followed all the fine print for the mail in rebate and then I get an email saying my rebate couldn't be processed because of an invalid UPC bar code. I follow the link to chat with a rebate rep, he says I had ti buy the gold platinum S6, not the gold one to qualify for the $50 mail in rebate. *insert face palm*
    I told him I did buy the gold platinum S6, there is no plain gold S6. He says the receipt and UPC bar code I sent in says gold. I ask him to look on Verizon's web site and look at the color choices. He says he's just going by what he's told. He tells me I should call customer service. Idiots.
    THEN, when I call customer service and explain what's going on he reads me the script saying the same thing the email said. I'll get a post card explaining why my rebate was denied and how I could refile it. So then I explain again that the problem is they think I bought a non existent gold S6 instead of the gold platinum. So he finally says he'll call the rebate guy and see what's going on. After a few minutes he says my rebate is being escalated and I should get a response in 7 - 10 days.
    How does customer service not know what color phones their company sells?
    05-08-2015 12:43 AM
    If I have the cut the actual bar codes off on my original Galaxy S6 Box then I'll just pass on the $50. rebate.

Don't see why they would not just take a photocopy of the bar codes, they know you purchased the phone.
    05-08-2015 08:05 AM
    If I have the cut the actual bar codes off on my original Galaxy S6 Box then I'll just pass on the $50. rebate.

Don't see why they would not just take a photocopy of the bar codes, they know you purchased the phone.
    I just pulled the barcode sticker off and stuck it on the rebate form. The problem is that the gold platinum says "gold" on the receipt and UPC, the black sapphire says "black" and I'm assuming the white pearl says "white".
    05-08-2015 08:27 AM
    So, I followed all the fine print for the mail in rebate and then I get an email saying my rebate couldn't be processed because of an invalid UPC bar code. I follow the link to chat with a rebate rep, he says I had ti buy the gold platinum S6, not the gold one to qualify for the $50 mail in rebate. *insert face palm*
    I told him I did buy the gold platinum S6, there is no plain gold S6. He says the receipt and UPC bar code I sent in says gold. I ask him to look on Verizon's web site and look at the color choices. He says he's just going by what he's told. He tells me I should call customer service. Idiots.
    THEN, when I call customer service and explain what's going on he reads me the script saying the same thing the email said. I'll get a post card explaining why my rebate was denied and how I could refile it. So then I explain again that the problem is they think I bought a non existent gold S6 instead of the gold platinum. So he finally says he'll call the rebate guy and see what's going on. After a few minutes he says my rebate is being escalated and I should get a response in 7 - 10 days.
    How does customer service not know what color phones their company sells?
    Call Verizon and ask to speak to a manager. If he doesn't help, ask for his boss. If nothing else, if you are in the return window, TMO is paying the ETF and offering a phone.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-08-2015 08:52 AM
    I still haven't received my gold s6 edge. Ugh.

Live life to the fullest ♡
    05-10-2015 08:55 PM
    I still haven't received my gold s6 edge. Ugh.

What are you using now if you don't mind me asking.
    Zoostation likes this.
    05-10-2015 09:10 PM
    Has something changed? I got my s6e with an instant rebate

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    05-10-2015 10:36 PM
    What are you using now if you don't mind me asking.
    It depends lol. I have an S5 and an iPhone 6 128gb. Lol

05-11-2015 02:59 PM
    It depends lol. I have an S5 and an iPhone 6 128gb. Lol

Hope you get yours soon.
    05-11-2015 07:14 PM
    I had the same exact problem. I argued with the rebate guy for 30 minutes....finally he told me I'd have to deal with Customer Service. Customer Service agreed with me that the Rebate department was being ridiculous, so she put me on hold while she called the Rebate department and argued with them for 20 minutes to no avail. They wouldn't budge, so the Customer Service agent gave me a $50 immediate credit on my next bill....annoying, but in the end I got my $50 back in a roundabout way. It really is even money. I'd call Customer Service and try to go that route.
    05-12-2015 12:43 PM
    It find it extremely crazy this is a issue. You bought the phone and they should give you the rebate without hassle. All they do is look for reasons to deny claims to save money.

Hopefully you get it resolved.
    05-12-2015 01:29 PM
    They don't want photo copies because many people would submit multiple rebate claims and some would get through.
    05-12-2015 01:33 PM
    I don't mean to laugh, as I know this is a real issue ... but wow, this is pretty darn funny if you ask me. It's not like you can't prove you bought a Verizon phone that is "rebate eligible". The fact that the Verizon store's receipt says "gold" instead of "platinum gold" (or whatever) is ridiculous - especially when there is only ONE "gold" phone color.

I can't even believe this had to be escalated, and that you have a 7-10 day waiting period for the next level of "resolution" on this matter. Seems like someone could have just instantly checked to see that your phone is indeed a rebate-eligible phone, and applied the rebate instantly ... Not to mention giving you an apology for the inconvenience.

This is a "problem" between Verizon's receipt/records keeping, and the rebate entity ... this should never have been an issue for you.
    05-12-2015 02:20 PM
    I was talking with a friend about the issue, and he had heard that the "rebate department" is a totally different company, not wholly run by Verizon hence they have no control over what the rebate department does. The guy was a total jerk...kept talking over me and telling me "you bought the wrong color". So ridiculous. I'm glad I was lucky enough to get a sympathetic Customer Service rep at Verizon with a good head on her shoulders and an acceptable workaround was achieved.
    05-12-2015 06:37 PM
    Yikes, thats frustrating. Hope you get this resolved. This sort of sounds like how Comcast would handle a customer issue.
    05-12-2015 08:35 PM
    Yes the rebates company is a different company. Those are outsourced worth every company. The reason for not accepting photo copies of the upc label is for returns. If you submit the the rebate your upc label is missing now. So if later you return your device your refund will be less than your rebates. That is how the carrier knows.

It really is a messed up system made to be a hassle so people get frustrated and give up.
    05-12-2015 09:57 PM