So I'm beginning to think my battery is defective. I Hope anyway since it is so bad. No matter where I am, what I do, my battery goes until 2pm. Right now sitting 50% after just 4 hours on and 35 minutes screen on. It seems defective.

Do I go direct to AT&T or Samsung? I talked to Samsung and they don't send out advanced exchanges which means I have to ship my phone to them and they 'fix' and send back. Does AT&T do something similar? Or would they send me a phone or replace on spot? I don't have insurance through AT&T. I bought the phone on launch day so it's way past the initial 15-day return/replacement.
    05-08-2015 11:29 AM
    So I'm beginning to think my battery is defective. I Hope anyway since it is so bad. No matter where I am, what I do, my battery goes until 2pm. Right now sitting 50% after just 4 hours on and 35 minutes screen on. It seems defective.

Do I go direct to AT&T or Samsung? I talked to Samsung and they don't send out advanced exchanges which means I have to ship my phone to them and they 'fix' and send back. Does AT&T do something similar? Or would they send me a phone or replace on spot? I don't have insurance through AT&T. I bought the phone on launch day so it's way past the initial 15-day return/replacement.
    Did you get it from att? On line or in store?

If you ordered on line they do send out replacements. They just charge you for it and refund it once they receive the defective phone. They also do in store exchanges. Not sure if it is 14 days or 30 for that. If you are past that you must use their warranty service.

Posted via my Galaxy S6
    05-08-2015 11:36 AM

50% battery left after FOUR HOURS screen on time? Bro, you don't have a battery problem, you have a phone addiction. That battery is doing just fine..
    05-08-2015 02:22 PM
    I think he's saying his screen on time is 35 minutes and the phone was charged 4 hours ago. I'm only around 1.5 hours with 50% battery left and 8 hours standby.
    dwd3885 likes this.
    05-08-2015 02:35 PM
    I've used AT&T's warranty service in the past and it worked fairly well. They shipped a replacement unit, I transferred content and then shipped the old one back to them. Pretty easy. They put a hold on your credit card for the new unit until they get the old one back. This device was well out of the initial 14 day period. I suggest reaching out to AT&T or going to a local AT&T service center (not just any store can do it) and they'll trade on the spot if they have them in stock.
    dwd3885 likes this.
    05-08-2015 02:52 PM

If you got it less than 14 days, there should be no issues with an exchange. Call tech support and work with them. They can remote into your phone. You may be able to do a warranty exchange as well.
    dwd3885 likes this.
    05-08-2015 02:55 PM
    I think he's saying his screen on time is 35 minutes and the phone was charged 4 hours ago. I'm only around 1.5 hours with 50% battery left and 8 hours standby.
    That is what I'm saying.

Also, I called att and they are sending me a replacement and then I send them the defective one once I get the new one. So much better than Samsung support!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-08-2015 09:37 PM
    Also,while I wait, do we agree that my usage warrants a defective phone? No real app outliers

05-08-2015 09:40 PM
    That is what I'm saying.

Also, I called att and they are sending me a replacement and then I send them the defective one once I get the new one. So much better than Samsung support!!

Hopefully this one works out.
    05-08-2015 09:46 PM
    That is what I'm saying.

That's nice that AT&T is sending you another device even though you are beyond the 15 day exchange period. Do you have insurance through AT&T, or are they trying to give you the best customer service?
    05-09-2015 10:26 AM
    That's nice that AT&T is sending you another device even though you are beyond the 15 day exchange period. Do you have insurance through AT&T, or are they trying to give you the best customer service?
    well the phone has a one year warranty so my guess is AT&T handles those if you don't want to go through Samsung.
    05-11-2015 04:28 PM
    well the phone has a one year warranty so my guess is AT&T handles those if you don't want to go through Samsung.
    If you don't already have any insurance, get it. You hope you'll never need it but when the warranty period expires, the cost vastly outweighs full replacement cost.
    05-11-2015 06:25 PM