Was out sunny day full brightness just reading long articles and watching long videos and this is what I got. Used only 30% while screen was one for 2:54 minutes. In normal usage where I'm scrolling and surfing the Web here and there I get about 3:30 SOT until the battery is less than 5%. It seems that when I'm using data and WiFi and Google stuff the drain accelerates. Unlike other phones, this phones screen doesn't affect much of the battery. I think a better software optimization from Samsung, Google, and carriers can potentially make this phone a battery beast

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails This phone has very good screen efficiency-1914.jpg  
    05-08-2015 07:35 PM
    Was out sunny day full brightness just reading long articles and watching long videos and this is what I got. Used only 30% while screen was one for 2:54 minutes. In normal usage where I'm scrolling and surfing the Web here and there I get about 3:30 SOT until the battery is less than 5%. It seems that when I'm using data and WiFi and Google stuff the drain accelerates. Unlike other phones, this phones screen doesn't affect much of the battery. I think a better software optimization from Samsung, Google, and carriers can potentially make this phone a battery beast

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think our whole battery drain problem is stemming from Google and lack of software optimization. Now I realize that it's not all Googles fault as Sammy has a got a big role to play in this but with the reviews of 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 killing battery life, I think the culprit is Lollipop. Let's see what 5.1.1 brings us.
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:39 AM