05-14-2015 06:39 PM
140 1234 ...
tools
    Nope. S6 is superior in all categories unless you're wanting a phablet.
    Sadly not true.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2015 05:00 PM
    Sadly not true.

Let's wait and see after 5.1.1 is released to all carriers.
    05-09-2015 05:05 PM
    Just keep in mind that the G4 is already running 5.1, so all of the Lollipop battery fixes are in place. I'd bet that once the S6 gets the 5.1.1 upgrade, the battery life will be comparable if not better, without any further improvements left for the G4.
    The G4 that they reviewed was still on pre-release software so it can still get better.

05-09-2015 05:07 PM
    Software can't fix what hardware doesn't have. Still a very nice phone though I was going to buy it but decided to wait until the G4.

05-09-2015 05:08 PM
    The G4 that they reviewed was still on pre-release software so it can still get better.

Then, logically, running a more current OS version out of the box and should result in better performance from the jump as the GS6 is still on 5.0.2.
    05-09-2015 05:11 PM
    Fanboy? That statement alone implies you're a pretty big fanboy? I guess some people just can't accept the truth. Most review sites say the G4 actually has worst battery life, maybe you should do some searching outside of AC. That alone should pretty upsetting considering it's using an underwhelming processor and a greater capacity battery.

To each their own though. Buy whatever doesn't make you have buyers remorse.
    The sites that claimed the G4 has a worse battery life used a video test compared to real world use. And depending on the video an Amoled screen can do really good (has a lot of black in the video) or do really bad (has a lot of white in the video). I'll trust people that actually used each phone how its intended to be used to trust them on battery life.

05-09-2015 05:13 PM
    Then, logically, running a more current OS version out of the box and should result in better performance from the jump as the GS6 is still on 5.0.2.
    Depending on certain factors yes.

05-09-2015 05:16 PM
    The sites that claim the G4 has a worse battery life probably used a video test compared to real world use. And depending on the video an Amoled screen can do really good (has a lot of black in the video) or do really bad (has a lot of white in the video). I'll trust people that actually used each phone how its intended to be used to trust them on battery life.

05-09-2015 05:18 PM
    An update isn't going to fix battery issues. Seriously, who puts a 2550 mAh battery in an octo-core phone with a QHD display?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6.
    05-09-2015 05:22 PM
    Depending on certain factors yes.

I will grant you that G4 battery life will improve with firmware updates so we will have to wait and see.
    There appears to be a bit of ground to make up versus the GS6. The G4 is also powering a larger display consuming more power.
    05-09-2015 05:26 PM
    Well the review at pocketnow g4 vs s6 mike fisher said that g4 battery life is better than the s6. Go check the video yourself

05-09-2015 05:48 PM
    An update isn't going to fix battery issues. Seriously, who puts a 2550 mAh battery in an octo-core phone with a QHD display?

There's a lot of people getting pretty good SOT with the s6 even with that. The size of the battery isn't everything. It's how efficient the software is, processor, ram, etc.

I'm getting around 4 SOT with some pretty heavy apps (facebook/messenger, instagram, snapchat, youtube) which is slightly better than my old M8. And I'm plagued with the cell standby and android system battery drain, so it could possibly get better in the future.
    neiljay6 likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:50 PM

He's posing a rhetorical question based upon his experiences.
    05-09-2015 05:57 PM
    Love my S6, G4 is no slouch though as it looks really impressive. ..however it's a little too big for my taste so even if I waited to decide I'd still go with the S6 in the end. So no, not switching.

05-09-2015 06:19 PM
    Love my S6, G4 is no slouch though as it looks really impressive. ..however it's a little too big for my taste so even if I waited to decide I'd still go with the S6 in the end. So no, not switching.

Who wants to pocket a mini-tab?
    05-09-2015 07:16 PM
    Well the review at pocketnow g4 vs s6 mike fisher said that g4 battery life is better than the s6. Go check the video yourself

I can site at least one or two other reviews that are contrary. You have to take all reviews with a grain of salt.
    05-09-2015 07:17 PM
    There's a lot of people getting pretty good SOT with the s6 even with that. The size of the battery isn't everything. It's how efficient the software is, processor, ram, etc.

I'm getting around 4 SOT with some pretty heavy apps (facebook/messenger, instagram, snapchat, youtube) which is slightly better than my old M8. And I'm plagued with the cell standby and android system battery drain, so it could possibly get better in the future.
    What, do you have ultra power saving mode on all the time?

I'm getting 2 hrs, 45 minutes SOT and that's with power saving mode turned on at 50% battery power.

05-09-2015 07:39 PM
    What, do you have ultra power saving mode on all the time?

I'm getting 2 hrs, 45 minutes SOT and that's with power saving mode turned on at 50% battery power.

It's kind of weird really. My battery life was really pretty awful at first. But after a full reset, enabling advanced calling (verizon) things seemed to get a bit better. I also disabled most sync as the only thing I need synced is email. But I'm really impressed with it now. I guess it depends on everyone's usage pattern but the apps I use aren't supposed to be light on the battery.

Never used power saving mode but I'd consider anything over 2 hours SOT at 50% pretty decent. (4hours SOT total)
    Who's switching to the G4?-screenshot_2015-05-09-21-38-35.jpg
    Who's switching to the G4?-screenshot_2015-05-09-21-38-38.jpg

Will be interesting to see what the G4 SOT averages are.
    05-09-2015 08:55 PM
    I would always disable a bunch of apps whenever I set up my phone, anything Samsung and Google related that I considered bloatware (I've had three different S6 units). The last time, I left it alone because I forgot, but I immediately noticed the battery was much better than before, so I left it alone. Might just be coincidence, but I was getting an average OST of 3 hours and 9 hours total according to GSAM, but now I get 4 and over 13, although I feel like it's more like 5.
    05-09-2015 09:08 PM
    Who's switching to the G4?-battery1.jpgWho's switching to the G4?-battery2.jpg

No power saving what so ever. Excellent battery as usual!
    05-09-2015 09:42 PM
    Fanboy? That statement alone implies you're a pretty big fanboy? I guess some people just can't accept the truth. Most review sites say the G4 actually has worst battery life, maybe you should do some searching outside of AC. That alone should pretty upsetting considering it's using an underwhelming processor and a greater capacity battery.

To each their own though. Buy whatever doesn't make you have buyers remorse.
    You apparently don't know what the word "imply" means as your first sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Only one review so far has said the gs6 has better battery life and that was phone arena, which has been really slipping lately. All other sites put the battery life of the g4 ahead of the gs6. My own personal experience with the gs6 was that it had horrendous battery life. Many others have found the same.

I stated this in another thread. When I bought the gs6, I really wanted to love the phone. I prefer the 5" form factor and loved the quick charging. But between the horrendous battery life, the pink tinted screen, and the camera autofocus NOT working, I've had about enough with Samsung quality control issues.

We will see about the g4. It could end up being a dud like the gs6 but I'm betting it won't be.
    05-09-2015 10:00 PM
    You apparently don't know what the word "imply" means as your first sentence makes absolutely no sense.

Only one review so far has said the gs6 has better battery life and that was phone arena, which has been really slipping lately. All other sites put the battery life of the g4 ahead of the gs6. My own personal experience with the gs6 was that it had horrendous battery life. Many others have found the same.

I stated this in another thread. When I bought the gs6, I really wanted to love the phone. I prefer the 5" form factor and loved the quick charging. But between the horrendous battery life, the pink tinted screen, and the camera autofocus NOT working, I've had about enough with Samsung quality control issues.

We will see about the g4. It could end up being a dud like the gs6 but I'm betting it won't be.
    Guess you didn't catch Mobile Tech Review.

deeb215 likes this.
    05-09-2015 10:14 PM
    Guess you didn't catch Mobile Tech Review.

Oh I guess that changes EVERYTHING
    05-09-2015 10:51 PM
    Oh I guess that changes EVERYTHING
    Nope. Just refutes your claim that only one review said that the G4 battery was worse. Only time will tell when the G4 is available.
    05-09-2015 10:58 PM
    Nope. Just refutes your claim that only one review said that the G4 battery was worse. Only time will tell when the G4 is available.
    I guess I should have put a rolling eyes emoji because sarcasm seems to have missed you.

You know, ppl that don't have a leg to stand on often pick out minor technicalities and try to use those to seem like they have a point, all the while ignoring the obvious messages.

Most reviews have the g4 battery as performing better. The *laws of physics* also strongly suggest that the g4 battery performs better. Loads of ppl are pissed off about the gs6 battery. Just take a look at all the battery threads. You think that's a coincidence?

My point: the g4 battery life is very very very likely to be better than the gs6. This thread was started to ask who was considering switching to the g4. I gave my answer and my main reason: battery life.

Not sure why you seem offended by this
    Bodzm and tippmann15 like this.
    05-09-2015 11:08 PM
140 1234 ...