Who's switching to the G4?

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
There has to be a point in time hopefully pretty soon when they stop all this my phone is thinner than yours by 1mm crap and start giving us phones we can actually use all day long without having to even begin to think about charging until we go to bed.
Who cares who's phone is thinner . There freiking thin enough already.
Stop making then thinner and thinner and start making them last longer and longer.
OK I'm done

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Samsung has done an excellent job with the look and feel of the S6 and S6 edge. I'm enjoying my Gold S6 edge to much. I don't think the G4 had enough to entice me to switch

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm not debating which is more efficient, that's not my point. I'm just saying that I'm not satisfied with the smaller batteries we're seeing across the board in 2015, and I really hate that they're selling us on efficiency.

personally I'd prefer a slightly thicker phone, larger battery, and that efficiency would make things even better.

I'm a Samsung fan and owner, the black S6 Edge is the nicest phone I've ever seen, maybe the best electronic device. I'm just not satisfied with sub 3000 mAh batteries despite the gorgeous aesthetics. I'm not happy with the G4 battery either, and I won't be til the norm is 3500+ ... then I'd be happy with efficiency, cause my phone would easily last all day with heavy use. wouldn't have to worry about quick charge or replaceable batteries.

idk. heading into 2015 my #1 hope was that we'd see better, much better, battery life. maybe I'm just a little bitter!

Posted via the Android Central App

Post was in response to you inference about buzz words. Something has to account for the battery performance that some of us are getting if it is not the improved optimization of firmware working in concert with improved hardware. It is a case seeing is believing. We are all not suffering some form of mass delusion as there are a couple of dozen or more threads with battery life screen shots from users who aren't suffering cell standby or battery drain issues of 5.0.2.

Tebbs

May 13, 2015
Visit site
S6 has better chip and better screen, nothing really makes anyone want a G4 when compared to s6 unless you care for the removable battery and sd card

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
S6 has better chip and better screen, nothing really makes anyone want a G4 when compared to s6 unless you care for the removable battery and sd card

Pointless post. Many reviewers are saying the screens are neck and neck and it's really a matter if you prefer AMOLED or not.

And btw, my gs6 screen was one of the reasons I returned it. Pink tint on white background is apparently pretty common. I certainly don't consider that "better"

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site

I agree about the screen. The S6 screen looks more vibrant and the whites were brighter in the reviews I've seen so far. The G4 screen is better than the G3 but side by side with the S6 it's appears inferior especially in sunlight.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Who's switching to th G4?

I actually like the G4. I won't be switching mainly on the fact that I just got the S6 and have done a lot of phone hopping lately haha.

I will admit there are a few things I like about the G4. Also the camera shots I have seen from the guys (Phil and them) on G+ all look really good. I honestly think no one will be really going down the "wrong" path if they grab a G4 .. or a S6.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

If I had an S6 I don't think I'd feel the need to switch. It's obviously a device of the highest quality. But I have NOT got an S6, so G4 here I come. :)

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably be getting it. Mainly because I tend to get bored with phones quickly and have an unhealthy addiction to getting the "latest and greatest". The S6 is a great device and the G4 looks to be another solid option.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I'll probably be getting it. Mainly because I tend to get bored with phones quickly and have an unhealthy addiction to getting the "latest and greatest". The S6 is a great device and the G4 looks to be another solid option.
The G4 is a great choice but I'm thinking more GS6 and GS6E will sold this year. If swappable batteries and sd card slots, a quality display, and a great camera are enough, then enjoy. Try the GS6, if you don't like it, return it. Thinking...

http://youtu.be/yHtLF6IicNk

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site

The G4 is a great choice but I'm thinking more GS6 and GS6E will sold this year. If swappable batteries and sd card slots, a quality display, and a great camera are enough, then enjoy. Try the GS6, if you don't like it, return it.

I already own the S6. I agree that Samsung will sell more devices this year. They have a great marketing team and regular folk already tend to know the "Galaxy" brand. Plus, it's just an excellent device all around. As I stated in my earlier comment though, I'm a phone addict and can't remain with one device for too long. I don't really care about removable batteries and sd card slots. If it has it, great, but those aren't selling points for me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I already own the S6. I agree that Samsung will sell more devices this year. They have a great marketing team and regular folk already tend to know the "Galaxy" brand. Plus, it's just an excellent device all around. As I stated in my earlier comment though, I'm a phone addict and can't remain with one device for too long. I don't really care about removable batteries and sd card slots. If it has it, great, but those aren't selling points for me.

I used to switch at least every year and sometimes less than nine months. The only phone that I passed on was the GS5. You can do worse than the GS4 for two years.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The G4 is a great choice but I'm thinking more GS6 and GS6E will sold this year. If swappable batteries and sd card slots, a quality display, and a great camera are enough, then enjoy. Try the GS6, if you don't like it, return it. Thinking...

The Galaxy S6/E may sell more but .. I don't know many people that base their phone purchase on how many others are buying it. Usually it is the features that drive a person to buy it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

The Galaxy S6/E may sell more but .. I don't know many people that base their phone purchase on how many others are buying it. Usually it is the features that drive a person to buy it.

That goes without saying. I make my decision based upon performance and features that meet my needs as well as doing my own research and testing.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Was thinking that is exactly how iphone has survived in mass all these years? :) I am only joking!

There was nothing on the G4 release media that made me want to look into it much farther. Maybe I missed something? Also think
the G4 is Note 4 competition. What I mean is, it is not something I would cross shop unless was in the market for more of a phablet.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

There are a lot of people who are easily swayed by robust product sales. Different strokes for different folks but can't even fathom making a purchase decision on one or two product dimensions especially considering how much they cost but it's their money and their choice.