Where is the S6 auto rotate setting?

A

AC Question

where is the s6 auto rotate setting?

I am new to android phones, mind you, but for the life of me I cannot find the setting to enable or disable auto rotate. You would think that searching for the words "auto" or "rotate" might come up with something, but no dice...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: where is the s6 auto rotate setting?

Welcome to Android Central.

Try Settings, Accessibility, System.

Posted via the Android Central App

BlooperMan

May 11, 2015
Visit site

My phone doesn't seem to have anything called "systems" in accessibility or anywhere else I can find.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If you pull down the shade it should be one of the quick settings toggles just below. Slide them across if you don't see it, or they can they be rearranged or more added with the 4 squares button. (based on an older Note 3).
It could be also under Display settings.

BlooperMan

May 11, 2015
Visit site

The shade! I knew not of its existence. This actually clears up a number of other questions as well. Thanks!

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

The shade! I knew not of its existence. This actually clears up a number of other questions as well. Thanks!

The "pull-down shade" is your best friend on an android phone LOL. From there, you can get to all your phone settings, notifications quick-toggles, etc.

I assume you came from an iOS device ... so you're also probably getting used to A) almost no badges on app icons, and B) where the heck are my app settings???

Find most all app settings within each app, as opposed to iOS where you pretty much have them all integrated into the main phone settings menu stuff.

Just dig around a bit and get more familiar w/ the general design of how the android phones are laid out ... and once you do, you will probably see the over-arching logic, and really like it more than how iOS has their stuff laid out. At least, I like it better on android. :D

DebS224

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I customized the settings on the shade and now I can't find the auto rotate to put it back on. Help! I've checked under Display, Accessibility and everwhere else I can think of. When I go to the customize menu to add/delete settings off the quick menu the auto rotate isn't there.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I customized the settings on the shade and now I can't find the auto rotate to put it back on. Help! I've checked under Display, Accessibility and everwhere else I can think of. When I go to the customize menu to add/delete settings off the quick menu the auto rotate isn't there.

Backup everything and try a factory reset.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
.... or maybe go to safe mode first. That seems to bring icons and stuff back for people. Can you post a screenshot of the quick menu choices?
Safe Mode, if I remember from my previous Samsung, is turn off the phone, Hold Volume Down + Power + Home button together. It should show Safe Mode on the sides when it boots. Then turn it off and start normally.

Da Sko

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site

If you're on your desktop, just slide down from the top to below with your finger. A menu will open and there you see some icons (like WiFi, location, sound, screen rotating).
Just hit the screen rotating icon and it will rotate when necessary. Good luck :)

Anderson David1

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

If you dont have it listed with these icons, pull down the "shade" tap edit in the top right, left of settings, screen rotation is hidden there (should be grouped in the display settings in my opinion

Anderson David1

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site

If you're on your desktop, just slide down from the top to below with your finger. A menu will open and there you see some icons (like WiFi, location, sound, screen rotating).
Just hit the screen rotating icon and it will rotate when necessary. Good luck :)

If you dont have it listed with these icons, pull down the "shade" tap edit in the top right, left of settings, screen rotation is hidden there (should be grouped in the display settings in my opinion

MLazarusM2

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
In my Galaxy S6 Display is listed under Device. Wallpaper is under Personal. Neither give screen rotation in my S6. I have access it from the drop down menu.

Renuka Naidu

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
Please pull down the top task bar where we got wifi etc you will see edit,
you will get few icon, click on portrait, it will change to auto - rotate and your done..
Good Luck !!

Red530

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site

You've probably already figured this out but if you pull the shade down you'll want to look for portrait not auto rotate. Click on portrait and it will change to say auto rotate.

Maggie Woods

May 10, 2016
Visit site

This worked perfectly!!
When on your desktop, just slide down from the top to below with your finger. A menu will open and there you see some icons (like WiFi, location, sound, screen rotating).
Just hit the screen rotating icon and it will rotate when necessary. Good luck

Thank you Android Central!!!

Last edited: