05-31-2015 03:48 PM
73 123
tools
    Just had a look at that, looks even better! Well at least it looks more stylish than the Otterbox cases.
    Yeah, I don't understand the hype behind the Otterbox cases lol

Can't blame you as past. Otterbox cases has gone overboard on protection. The latest Defender and Commuter are by far the slimmest design yet, not just because the device itself is thinner. They are simple and practical in design with no ripples and bumps.
    True, I suppose it's a love/hate relationship.
    05-21-2015 08:36 PM
    Yeah, I don't understand the hype behind the Otterbox cases lol

True, I suppose it's a love/hate relationship.
    The hype has protected my phone as it fell down two flights of concrete stairs with no dings or scratches with full functionality. The Defender has a spongy layer inside the polycarbonate shell forming two layers of protection with the silicone shell making for a third layer. All three layers absorb and dissipate shock so that the deivce isn't damaged internally from a functional perspective and the exterior chassis. Check out my YouTube review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.
    05-21-2015 08:47 PM
    You must not have a physical job nor have a very physical life. Let's drop my $800 device and shatter the screen or pay $50 and save my phone from damage and keep on going with my life. Yea they look nice without cases on them but how long do they keep looking like they just came out of the box? Mine will in a year if I take my case off.

Trust me, I understand each to their own, but I was just answering your question .

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-21-2015 09:05 PM
    Now I see that Otterbox had the Scarlet Red silicone layer for the Commuter on their site. Red silicone with the black shell might be hot also?
    05-24-2015 08:14 AM
    Now I see that Otterbox had the Scarlet Red silicone layer for the Commuter on their site. Red silicone with the black shell might be hot also?
    Could be assuming that pictures are photoshopped. Already got punked once.
    05-24-2015 09:04 AM
    No PS, It's on the Otterbox site. They even have the Scarlet Red silicone for the Defender.
    Don't know if I need another $20. piece of rubber that I'll never use.
    05-24-2015 09:14 AM
    No PS, It's on the Otterbox site. They even have the Scarlet Red silicone for the Defender.
    Don't know if I need another $20. piece of rubber that I'll never use.
    Thought you already had it so we could see pictures. You are the GS6 Case Yoda. What's another $20?
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-24-2015 09:17 AM
    looks too big and bulky IMO, rather get the active version than that. maybe all black would look slimmer.

i do like the neon, but only as a bumper case. the blue S6 with a neon blue bumper looks cool

05-24-2015 09:50 AM
    The hype has protected my phone as it fell down two flights of concrete stairs with no dings or scratches with full functionality. The Defender has a spongy layer inside the polycarbonate shell forming two layers of protection with the silicone shell making for a third layer. All three layers absorb and dissipate shock so that the deivce isn't damaged internally from a functional perspective and the exterior chassis. Check out my YouTube review on my YouTube channel, TheJCP006.
    I really like your YouTube case reviews ... my son managed to finally crack my Nexus 4 the other day, which was protected by a Spigen case.

My S4 has that Defender though and it looks brand new despite multiple spills. there's a tiny scratch on the top left corner, but that happened when I didn't have it on.

05-24-2015 09:55 AM
    There is no such thing as a "hot" Otterbox case, that's an oxymoron right up with military intelligence.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
    05-24-2015 10:16 AM
    I really like your YouTube case reviews ... my son managed to finally crack my Nexus 4 the other day, which was protected by a Spigen case.

My S4 has that Defender though and it looks brand new despite multiple spills. there's a tiny scratch on the top left corner, but that happened when I didn't have it on.

When I sold my GS4, the store rep had never seen a device almost two years old in pristine condition. When you advertise on Swappa or Gazelle, you can honestly advertise it as "like new".
    05-24-2015 11:02 AM
    There is no such thing as a "hot" Otterbox case, that's an oxymoron right up with military intelligence.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
    Or like jumbo shrimp. It's not an oxymoron. It's the truth. The whole point is protection having the phone survive a drop or other abuse. The inner polycarbonate layer has a spongy material tha along with the shell dissipate any shock not absorbed by the silicone outer layer. Not only are there dings or scratches but damages to the internals are mitigated. Otterbox went to a more dense silicone layer to make it the slimmest Defender and Commuter versions. There are no frilly bumps and trendy designs that serve no purpose but aesthetics. It's clean and practical as well as professional.
    05-24-2015 11:09 AM
    Or like jumbo shrimp. It's not an oxymoron. It's the truth. The whole point is protection having the phone survive a drop or other abuse. The inner polycarbonate layer has a spongy material tha along with the shell dissipate any shock not absorbed by the silicone outer layer. Not only are there dings or scratches but damages to the internals are mitigated. Otterbox went to a more dense silicone layer to make it the slimmest Defender and Commuter versions. There are no frilly bumps and trendy designs that serve no purpose but aesthetics. It's clean and practical as well as professional.
    Does this include my Neon Green Commuter?
    05-24-2015 11:44 AM
    Does this include my Neon Green Commuter?
    Your Commuter is included in the former description with the Defender. UAG case is another example of a case that is functional and has a clean design. They aren't hot from an aesthetic perspective only.
    05-24-2015 12:29 PM
    I like the UAG cases but I believe they offer little to no drop protection for the S6. They are mighty thin.
    05-24-2015 02:11 PM
    I like the UAG cases but I believe they offer little to no drop protection for the S6. They are mighty thin.
    From the screen shots, it looks like the corners would absorb impact pretty well, better than a straight TPU case, although there are some good TPU cases as well. The cutout for the camera and the display lip look a little shallow but might do the job just fine.
    05-24-2015 02:17 PM
    I would like to see a UAG drop test. Maybe one will show up on YouTube sooner or later.
    05-26-2015 08:41 AM
    Don't care for the colors.

05-26-2015 05:11 PM
    On second thought, the citron green on black would be better if the S6 was a true black and had no blue whatsoever.

05-26-2015 09:36 PM
    Pimpin Green TYLT Vu wireless charger. Too much Pimp?

Citron Green & Black = Hottest Otterbox Commuter Case for the Black S6 ?-tyltvu01.jpg Citron Green & Black = Hottest Otterbox Commuter Case for the Black S6 ?-tyltvu04.jpg
    05-30-2015 05:48 PM
    I would like to see a UAG drop test. Maybe one will show up on YouTube sooner or later.

Ask and he shall receive.
    05-30-2015 11:10 PM
    Pretty weak drop test but beggars can't be choosy.

How's that Defender been holding up?
    05-31-2015 01:07 PM
    Pretty weak drop test but beggars can't be choosy.

How's that Defender been holding up?
    It's holding up very well. Just like the day I bought it. Silicone outer layer is holding its shape and snugness with the polycarbonate shell layer.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    05-31-2015 03:48 PM
73 123