Citron Green & Black = Hottest Otterbox Commuter Case for the Black S6 ?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks good, I formerly bought a few different otterboxs for every phone I owned. However the last few defenders and commuters (basically the last 3 or 4 purchased) seemed a bit off (things not lining up right etc), just sticking to tech 21 for drop resistance now a days.

That case looks hot though, makes me want to at least check out the options for the edge.
Symmetry cases so far. Not available yet.

Defender has a much denser more streamlined look than past cases.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I like the Defender cases, the short time I had the S6 I had it in a Defender case. I gotta admit, they did improve on the plastic screen part. I had one on my S5 and the gap between the plastic and the screen was just enough that if I used the center of the screen it was fine, but towards the top, bottom or close to the edges, I had to push a little harder to get a reaction. The one on the S6 seemed to be alot closer, didn't struggle as much around the edges.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Where did u get this OP? I have been trying to find this color cause I've had this exact color on the s3, s4, and s5 but can't find it for the s6 even on otterbox's website.

The only place to get these is at a Verizon Smart Store. The regular Verizon stores don't sell them.
Otterbox themselves do not even sell these on their site. Them come in packages like this.

DSC01990.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the Defender cases, the short time I had the S6 I had it in a Defender case. I gotta admit, they did improve on the plastic screen part. I had one on my S5 and the gap between the plastic and the screen was just enough that if I used the center of the screen it was fine, but towards the top, bottom or close to the edges, I had to push a little harder to get a reaction. The one on the S6 seemed to be alot closer, didn't struggle as much around the edges.
Your case must have had a defect or you may not have secured the polycarbonate shell completely.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Your case must have had a defect or you may not have secured the polycarbonate shell completely.

All I know is the case on the S5 snapped on and I couldn't push it any further. I seem to remember a Defender case for a different model, LG G2 I used to have that had the same thing. The front snapped on solid, and a gap was there.

The one for the S6 was the first one I got where after snapping on the front, the plastic was closer to the screen, still has a gap, but not as big.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Great for those days when you feel like randomly chucking your phone off the nearest wall. Outside of that, I'm not a fan.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here's the official "Pimpin" Verizon Red Commuter. :p Is the Red Hotter then the Citron Green?

Guess I need to peel that plastic off of the camera lens. :-\

vr01.jpgvr02.jpgvr03.jpgvr04.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
It's holding up fine. I've only taken the shells off twice.
The silicone does seem a little loose near the power button, it was like that fresh out of the packaging.

Trying to decide if I want to rip out the plastic screen protector from my Defender cases or not. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae