I can't seem to find the Samsung Browser on my VZW GS6. I think it only came with Chrome (which I use), but I'm surprised another browser is not present. Is there a Samsung browser I'm not seeing?
    05-09-2015 02:42 PM
    It's not there. Verizon stripped it out and there is no way of getting it back.
    05-09-2015 03:59 PM
    This. One of the drawbacks of having Verizon I guess.
    05-09-2015 04:11 PM
    Have you guys tried the Samsung app store. Yeah, you have to create an account but it might be there.

I have a sprint model and i have the Samsung browser built in so it doesn't show in the sammy stuff.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-10-2015 04:33 PM
    Yeah, it's not in there.
    05-10-2015 08:59 PM
    I can't believe samsung allowed verizon to remove there stock browser that's crazy.
    05-10-2015 09:07 PM
    People complain when there is bloat. Verizon removes some Samsung bloat and people complain why it doesn't have some Samsung bloat. Can't win.

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    srkmagnus likes this.
    05-10-2015 10:38 PM
    People complain when there is bloat. Verizon removes some Samsung bloat and people complain why it doesn't have some Samsung bloat. Can't win.

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    Agree 100 percent. I'm cool with less bloat.

05-10-2015 10:42 PM

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    I wouldn't consider the Internet as bloat. I actually used the stock samsung browser on all my Samsung phones, I like it better than other browsers.

05-10-2015 11:12 PM
    I wouldn't consider the Internet as bloat. I actually used the stock samsung browser on all my Samsung phones, I like it better than other browsers.

That's the problem with bloat. One man's useful app is another man's junk. I never used the stock Samsung browser

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-11-2015 08:22 AM
    Yeah, I can live without having more apps I'm never going to use on my device. I'd like to try it out, but glad it wasn't included as a non removable app. If they do release it as a download, I may try it. If not, no worries.

J
    05-11-2015 09:30 AM
    Personally I don't care if they load every stinking app on the planet onto my phone AS LONG AS I CAN DELETE IT IF I DON'T WANT IT!!!! That's choice! If they would just let us choose what we want to use then by all means go ahead and load the bloat, I can try them all, and delete what I don't like! But when they load bloat, or take away bloat, and force us to use one app over another...this is what is so painful!

Hey Verizon, hey Samsung, hey all you carriers and manufacturers...are you listening???
    05-11-2015 11:53 AM
    Fortunately, there are a lot of good (or better) replacements to choose from if Chrome doesn't stand up to certain expectations: The 10 best Android browsers | Android Central
    05-11-2015 12:08 PM
    I only use chrome. I never used the stock browser from Samsung anyway. So for me it was a non issue.
    05-11-2015 10:22 PM

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    Actually Verizon removes almost every manufacturer browser on their phones. Even HTC default browser is never included.

But the simple fact is that nobody cares about bloat unless you come to some phone forum. It's like on screen vs off screen buttons, nobody cares. If I even bring up the word bloat during a family dinner or with friends, they just tell me to shut the h*ll up as nobody cares. But tell somebody that Verizon wants you to use your data to install a 3rd party browser and watch the people's eyes get wide. Watch how they ask why, oh why would Verizon do such a thing? Especially on a note device, I can see the complaints if this happens and I'm on AT&T.

05-11-2015 11:22 PM
    I'd like to have it. Specifically for being able to use the fingerprint reader to login to some websites with. It's my understanding that that is the only browser that supports it. Would like to know if i'm wrong.
    05-12-2015 08:16 AM
    It's one thing not having it pre-installed, that's understandable. But not even giving you the option to at least download it from the Samsung store? That's what bothers me
    Stang68 likes this.
    05-13-2015 10:56 PM
    I'd like to have it. Specifically for being able to use the fingerprint reader to login to some websites with. It's my understanding that that is the only browser that supports it. Would like to know if i'm wrong.
    I think your right.
    At least I have verizon and I don't even have the option to log into websites using fingerprint. That's one of the first things I looked for because I couldn't wait to set up all my websites that need passwords to fingerprint. I thought it was that verizon just removed the option for some odd reason. Bit your probably right you have to use the samsung browser for it to work.
    05-16-2015 07:52 PM
    Actually Verizon removes almost every manufacturer browser on their phones. Even HTC default browser is never included.

But the simple fact is that nobody cares about bloat unless you come to some phone forum. It's like on screen vs off screen buttons, nobody cares. If I even bring up the word bloat during a family dinner or with friends, they just tell me to shut the h*ll up as nobody cares. But tell somebody that Verizon wants you to use your data to install a 3rd party browser and watch the people's eyes get wide. Watch how they ask why, oh why would Verizon do such a thing? Especially on a note device, I can see the complaints if this happens and I'm on AT&T.

I use chrome on my S6, but I used the stock HTC browser on my Droid DNA. Verizon didn't remove it on all phone models.

05-17-2015 12:43 PM
    I believe that I saw instructions on XDA of how to get it back. It looked like a long drawn out process so I didn't even try it.

Here's the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/veri...owser-t3104957
    05-17-2015 01:00 PM