I have an s4, I will be upgrading to an s6 in a week.
    I was just upped to lollipop. I hate the notifications! !
    With kitkat, the only notification that splashed all the way across the lock screen was stock messaging.
    I was ok with that, any other notifications (fb, Gmail, etc) just put a small icon at the top of the notification area. I could pull down the windowshade to open the notification.
    With lollipop, every notification is splashed across the lock screen. I have to unlock the phone to read it.
    I cannot stand this way! !
    Is this just the lollipop way? Is there a third party lock screen I could use to get my old notification style back?
    I'm with Verizon btw, and am using the nova basic launcher

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    Posted via Android Central App
    05-09-2015 03:13 PM
    Not positive if the little icon will pop up like you said but in settings you can block notifications for separate apps for the lock screen . Also don't know if that blocks them from the pull down in the lock screen too though. Never tried it. I'll try it here in a bit and report back.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-09-2015 03:53 PM
    Doesn't work like you want

05-09-2015 03:58 PM
    With kitkat, the only notification that splashed all the way across the lock screen was stock messaging.
    I was ok with that, any other notifications (fb, Gmail, etc) just put a small icon at the top of the notification area. I could pull down the windowshade to open the notification.
    With lollipop, every notification is splashed across the lock screen. I have to unlock the phone to read it.
    Is this just the lollipop way? Is there a third party lock screen I could use to get my old notification style back?

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    I upgraded from the GS4 on AT&T but didn't get Lollipop until I got my GS6. On the lockscreen, you can press one of the notifications and when you unlock the screen, it will open that app to the notified item. You can also swipe away a notification after you read it.
    05-09-2015 04:03 PM

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    TouchWiz has also been slimmed down a bit and is more unified. Try it without a third party launcher first. You will also be able to disable Google and Samsung apps. You also have the option to download Samsung "bloat" that used to come without this choice or feature.
    05-09-2015 04:05 PM
    Later this summer there is a Lollipop 5.1.1 update that should also address cell stand by and battery drain issues that some have encountered as are silt off 5.0.2. There will also be improvements to the camera for RAW output support as well as guest mode.

I have had mine for over a month and it is the best smartphone I have ever owned absolutely no regrets thus far.
    05-09-2015 04:10 PM
    Thank you all. I'll get used to the notification scheme on lollipop, (unless an upgrade changes it)
    I just wondered if there was a fix, doesn't seem like there is. Oh well...

Joe, Kalispell, MT
    05-09-2015 06:54 PM
    Later this summer there is a Lollipop 5.1.1 update that should also address cell stand by and battery drain issues that some have encountered as are silt off 5.0.2. There will also be improvements to the camera for RAW output support as well as guest mode.

I have had mine for over a month and it is the best smartphone I have ever owned absolutely no regrets thus far.
    Samsung has already released a 138meg update to fix the memory and standby issues. It is now going ota on Europe, but I've heard nothing about it's release in North America. Google "galaxy s6 memory fix" for more details.

05-09-2015 07:31 PM
    Samsung has already released a 138meg update to fix the memory and standby issues. It is now going ota on Europe, but I've heard nothing about it's release in North America. Google "galaxy s6 memory fix" for more details.

Nexus devices are already getting the update. Never had a nexus device so I don't know if it matter where you live.
    05-09-2015 07:33 PM
    Nexus devices are already getting the update. Never had a nexus device so I don't know if it matter where you live.
    The OTA he's mentioning is not the 5.1.1 update your referring to. Samsung is pushing out in Europe a fix for the memory leak problem. Nexus devices are starting to get the 5.1.1 lollipop update. Two totally separate updates.

05-09-2015 07:50 PM
    The OTA he's mentioning is not the 5.1.1 update your referring to. Samsung is pushing out in Europe a fix for the memory leak problem. Nexus devices are starting to get the 5.1.1 lollipop update. Two totally separate updates.

Yup. Here is the link.

European Samsung Galaxy S6 receives update to repair memory issue
    05-09-2015 10:37 PM