05-11-2015 11:51 AM
33 12
tools
    I bought this phone a week ago and I went to verizon (my carrier), and I talked to them and explained to them that I bought this phone just a week ago and you know thinking I could get a new one since the one I had was telling me to insert and SD card. If you know your phones you will know no S6 phone was manufactured with an SD slot. So the people told me to call samsung and complain and see if i can get a new phone. Well I was wrong all they said they could do is repair my phone. I dont want a repair i paid a few hundred dollars for the phone it was crap, i wanted a brand new one. Not only did they run around the question of me getting a new phone. Samsung Customer Service harassed my mother and degraded her and wouldnt even listen to anything she was saying all they said was " We could repair your phone would you like us to explain how". This wasnt a machine it was a guy talking a supervisor of this company. I am ashamed to even believe I bought one of these products from them. Samsung Galaxy S6 is trash!
    BullGuard8 likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:21 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about that--it sounds like it might be an isolated incident, since I've never seen anything else like it. You bought the phone through Verizon, or did you buy it somewhere else, and activated it on Verizon? And just to be sure, was it asking you to insert an SD card, or a SIM card?
    05-09-2015 05:28 PM
    You should have just pulled off the back and inserted an SD card.
    20blks and the tall guy like this.
    05-09-2015 05:32 PM
    I believe your thread title is misleading. The crap, based on your story, is the carrier that is not helping you after a week of buying the phone.

Some of the devices will be defective, it happens to all companies regardless of how good or reputable the brand is.

I actually had the complete opposite experience with my carrier (T-Mobile). After 4 days of having my new phone, I discovered a defect with the camera sensor. T-Mobile customer service actually told me to go to a store to return it and get a brand new unit. They give their customers 20 days to return devices no questions asked.

So I really think that you may be judging the wrong company here.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-09-2015 05:33 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Sorry to hear about that--it sounds like it might be an isolated incident, since I've never seen anything else like it. You bought the phone through Verizon, or did you buy it somewhere else, and activated it on Verizon? And just to be sure, was it asking you to insert an SD card, or a SIM card?
    These are the little tidbits that are missing and we need answers.

05-09-2015 05:40 PM
    There is also an offensive word in the thread title that I believe violates forum rules.
    05-09-2015 05:42 PM
    I bought this phone a week ago and I went to verizon (my carrier), and I talked to them and explained to them that I bought this phone just a week ago and you know thinking I could get a new one since the one I had was telling me to insert and SD card. If you know your phones you will know no S6 phone was manufactured with an SD slot. So the people told me to call samsung and complain and see if i can get a new phone. Well I was wrong all they said they could do is repair my phone. I dont want a repair i paid a few hundred dollars for the phone it was crap, i wanted a brand new one. Not only did they run around the question of me getting a new phone. Samsung Customer Service harassed my mother and degraded her and wouldnt even listen to anything she was saying all they said was " We could repair your phone would you like us to explain how". This wasnt a machine it was a guy talking a supervisor of this company. I am ashamed to even believe I bought one of these products from them. Samsung Galaxy S6 is trash!
    Where did you buy your first phone? Verizon? You should be complaining to the person you bought it from. Maybe you got defrauded?
    It seems its a carrier or merchant you have an issue with, not the actual phone.
    05-09-2015 05:46 PM
    There is also an offensive word in the thread title that I believe violates forum rules.
    And your the offensive word police? ?

05-09-2015 07:08 PM
    And your the offensive word police? ?

Nope. You just have to read the rules. If you notice, part of the thread title has been redacted.
    05-09-2015 07:10 PM
    Nope. You just have to read the rules. If you notice, part of the thread title has been redacted.
    Like i said....are you the offensive word police?

Most people know the rules. Either literal or moral. Besides, I'm sure mods saw it and if not, they will. ....especially on a thread title.

So really, saying "ew ew ew! Somebody said a bad word!" Makes you look like a tattle tale.

20blks likes this.
    05-09-2015 07:24 PM
    Yeah OP. The problem was with the carrier for those problems. With VZW, it should have been a simple exchange unless other things were at play.

05-09-2015 07:28 PM

Most people know the rules. Either literal or moral. Besides, I'm sure mods saw it and if not, they will. ....especially on a thread title.

So really, saying "ew ew ew! Somebody said a bad word!" Makes you look like a tattle tale.

Whatever. If it makes you feel better, more power to ya.
    05-09-2015 07:36 PM
    It's kinda wierd someone would just start a thread like this and just not here back from them again.
    05-09-2015 10:33 PM
    Trolls.
    05-09-2015 10:34 PM
    Trolls.
    Usually when someone is really fired up, as soon as there is a reply, they jump back in with clarification. I was already suspicious after Rukbat's reply.
    05-09-2015 10:41 PM
    I smell something fishy..details details details
    drone3 likes this.
    05-09-2015 10:54 PM
    I smell something fishy..details details details
    Sorry, I'm a little gassy tonight. It's cold and snowing here.
    05-09-2015 10:58 PM
    Lol its cold here also but I am very surprised that the OP hasn't responded with any further details. I mean a lot of people here have had trouble with the s6 which is mostly battery life and aesthetic.. But asking for an SD card in a non SD card having phone is suspect..Lol I think the OP either thinks he has the S6 but maybe a S5 instead or if he does have an S6 then he doesn't know the difference between SD and SIM card. Either I hope people continue to read past the first post and understand that he hasn't been back except go redact certain wording of his post.
    05-09-2015 11:04 PM

The word that was edited out wasn't the worst language in the world, but it was on the inflammatory side. We try to keep the discussions here as civil as possible. If a user feels strongly about an issue, then there are more rational ways to express that feeling. Thanks for understanding.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    05-09-2015 11:44 PM
    Fascinating, sounds like a job for scully and mulder.

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-10-2015 02:51 AM
    I think u might need SIM, not SD card. also you said u bought it for a few hundred bucks. did u buy it subsidized through VZ or outright somewhere else?

and what exactly is the problem? is all u have to do is put in the card? if that's the issue, and VZ was rude, I don't see how u can blame Samsung for that.

go back to the store u bought it from, face to face will get u further instead of dealing with someone over the phone. and most times you're able to return the phone. I'd first clarify it's SIM, not SD and see if that works. if you still have problems, threaten to leave. that always gets their attention. and I get the impression you're young, so they don't want to lose u over something so petty. you're potentially a customer that'll be paying $100 a month for the next 50+ years, so they should go out of their way to please

05-10-2015 05:58 AM
    Everything about this post is strange. You've had the phone 7 days (all U.S) carriers have 14 day return policies as well as all retailers the I'm aware of. Secondly the phone cost minimum $699.00, did you by it subsidized or did you buy it from a 3rd party (not retailer or Verizon)? Lastly your saying a phone is crap because your model has a weird glitch that no one on the forums or reviewers across the net has complained about. It seems the issue is, your talking to the wrong people and placing blame in an extremely over generalized way on the overall product.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    05-10-2015 06:53 AM
    Use the nano sim tray tool and insert the nano SIM card and follow up,with tech support to make sure things are working. Otherwise...has anyone contacted MIB?
    05-10-2015 10:13 AM
    Maybe he bought a clone of eBay thinking it was a real s6 that's why verizon is not being of any help or cooperative.
    Just guessing.
    05-10-2015 10:18 AM
    Maybe he watched the video I attached above.
    player22 likes this.
    05-10-2015 10:26 AM
33 12