I bought a 64 GB S6 white pearl from Best Buy. I did some research in my quest to determine the cause of dropped calls before I return the device next week. I have a friend who is a developer on XDA and he ran my IMEI# and this is what he found:
    IMEI.info
    It states the model is G920F which is the international version, not U.S. The box it came in however says SM-G920A UD
    If it is in fact the International version, my friend said the missing LTE band(s) could very well explain the dropped calls and situations where one caller cannot hear the other as the car moves from one tower to another as in a "lazy handoff". I'm not sure what to make of this, but if some of the 64 and 128 versions (if not all) are actually international versions, this would explain why some are getting dropped calls, especially with VoLTE enabled by the carrier(s). The 32 GB versions apparently have no issues in this regard, hence the small number of complaints so far. Not sure what to make of all this, but right now I'm not happy. I can't use a 32 version and I'm worried another 64 (or 128) replacement will have the same issue.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    05-09-2015 09:04 PM
    And, unfortunately, with the S6 you can';t just pop the cover off and look at the label under the battery before you pay for it.

But you can go to Settings/General/About device/Model number to see what model it really is before paying for it. Selling a 920F as a 920A in the US is a violation of several federal laws, so it's probably an error, not an attempt by Best Buy to put one over on you.
    tippmann15 likes this.
    05-09-2015 09:37 PM
    It could be a simple packaging error.
    05-09-2015 09:39 PM
    I bought a 64 GB S6 white pearl from Best Buy. I did some research in my quest to determine the cause of dropped calls before I return the device next week. I have a friend who is a developer on XDA and he ran my IMEI# and this is what he found:
    IMEI.info
    It states the model is G920F which is the international version, not U.S. The box it came in however says SM-G920A UD
    If it is in fact the International version, my friend said the missing LTE band(s) could very well explain the dropped calls and situations where one caller cannot hear the other as the car moves from one tower to another as in a "lazy handoff". I'm not sure what to make of this, but if some of the 64 and 128 versions (if not all) are actually international versions, this would explain why some are getting dropped calls, especially with VoLTE enabled by the carrier(s). The 32 GB versions apparently have no issues in this regard, hence the small number of complaints so far. Not sure what to make of all this, but right now I'm not happy. I can't use a 32 version and I'm worried another 64 (or 128) replacement will have the same issue.
    SM-920A on AT&T. Thanks for the update.
    05-09-2015 09:40 PM
    And, unfortunately, with the S6 you can';t just pop the cover off and look at the label under the battery before you pay for it.

But you can go to Settings/General/About device/Model number to see what model it really is before paying for it. Selling a 920F as a 920A in the US is a violation of several federal laws, so it's probably an error, not an attempt by Best Buy to put one over on you.
    The s6 edge on Sprint has the model and Dec #s on the back of the phone under the glass.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App
    05-10-2015 04:14 PM

It is even easier on the s6 as the model number is on the back, no need to remove a battery

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-10-2015 07:59 PM
    Best Buy selling international version (64 GB) - may explain dropped calls-uploadfromtaptalk1431311881938.jpg

Sent from my AT&T LG G2
    05-10-2015 09:38 PM
    I've got a 32gb s6 on sprint and the last letter of my model number is p not a or f. What does that mean?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 07:57 AM
    I believe that is correct for the sprint model

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
    05-11-2015 09:46 AM
    Ok, if I go into settings the phone is identifying itself as a 920A. Perhaps Imei.info's database is wrong, who knows. The main thing is I have apparently solved the dropped calls so that's all that mattered to me.
    05-11-2015 12:31 PM
    I'll say, I checked mine, I double checked the imei both on the box and in the about phone, status and entered it into the site and I get this:

T849 Galaxy Tab T-Mobile

Mine is definately not a tablet, it's the S6 edge and it is Verizon, not T-Mobile.
    05-11-2015 12:40 PM