Switching to the S6 (Edge, actually) from a MotoX. Never owned a Samsung before, so still getting used to TouchWiz, etc.

Just looking for a way to set a custom ringtone per contact? I assume it will find my ringtones that I put in /sdcard/ringtones, but I can't find a way to assign them to my contacts.

Sounds simple, right?

Thanks for any tips!

-AJ
    05-11-2015 09:20 AM
    Switching to the S6 (Edge, actually) from a MotoX. Never owned a Samsung before, so still getting used to TouchWiz, etc.

Just looking for a way to set a custom ringtone per contact? I assume it will find my ringtones that I put in /sdcard/ringtones, but I can't find a way to assign them to my contacts.

Sounds simple, right?

Thanks for any tips!

-AJ
    Open the contact/people application and open the contact you want to edit. There should be an option to assign a ringtone within the edit settings.

Let us know if that helps.
    05-11-2015 09:56 AM
    While you're there, you can also assign a phonetic name to make it easier for voice search.
    deeb215 and srkmagnus like this.
    05-11-2015 10:05 AM
    Interesting. Looks like my Google account sync'ed my contacts down "from the cloud", and my Touchdown HD (Exchange) account sync'ed others (there is certainly an overlap). For some of my contacts, I have two "tabs" - with virtually identical info. Seems the "Google" contact tab is editable, and I can choose a ringtone. The Touchdown tab is read-only. I will see if there's any settings in Touchdown for how they sync contacts.

Thanks,
    AJ
    05-11-2015 10:14 AM
    While you're there, you can also assign a phonetic name to make it easier for voice search.
    Such a handy feature, and I recommend using it for anyone who uses voice commands.
    05-11-2015 01:02 PM