I received my S6 the first day it came out.
    After 13 days of use, it just died. I took it back to Best Buy and the Samsung guy performed the hard reboot, pressing all 4 buttons at once. He said it did not mean the phone was bad, it could just be a glitch.
    This weekend it just died again. I did the reset on my own and it is working again.
    1st time, I was playing a game. When I finished, I turned it off/standby. Put the phone down for about 10 minutes. When I went to leave, the phone was dead, no life. I thought it might be the case, I was using the OtterBox. I had felt it get hot when I play games a lot.
    Now I have a slimmer case that does not seem to hold heat as much.

When it dies, it just goes. I was checking my e-mails and set the phone down when I was done. A minute later I picked the phone up to text someone, no life.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, what was the solution?

I came to this from an iPhone 4. I liked the reviews and features, thought I would jump from the Apple boat and test the Android side of life. Other than the above problem, I like the phone and have enjoyed my change.
    05-11-2015 10:50 AM
    I received my S6 the first day it came out.
    After 13 days of use, it just died. I took it back to Best Buy and the Samsung guy performed the hard reboot, pressing all 4 buttons at once. He said it did not mean the phone was bad, it could just be a glitch.
    This weekend it just died again. I did the reset on my own and it is working again.
    1st time, I was playing a game. When I finished, I turned it off/standby. Put the phone down for about 10 minutes. When I went to leave, the phone was dead, no life. I thought it might be the case, I was using the OtterBox. I had felt it get hot when I play games a lot.
    Now I have a slimmer case that does not seem to hold heat as much.

When it dies, it just goes. I was checking my e-mails and set the phone down when I was done. A minute later I picked the phone up to text someone, no life.

Has anybody else had this issue? If so, what was the solution?

I came to this from an iPhone 4. I liked the reviews and features, thought I would jump from the Apple boat and test the Android side of life. Other than the above problem, I like the phone and have enjoyed my change.
    It should be a warranty exchange. I would go back to Best Buy and work through a solution with them.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-11-2015 10:59 AM
    Check if you've updated Samsung Push application from the Google Play Store. Samsung notes it's "applied patches for reducing data usage and power consumption". Hope this helps!
    05-11-2015 11:03 AM
    Do you notice the battery level being really low or almost fully drained around these times? Try a factory reset (backup and sync accounts first) and see if the problem re-occurs. Install apps one at a time giving a few hours between each install to see if it's perhaps an app or service you've downloaded that is causing this problem.

If it happens around the time of installing a particular app then it could be related to that app/service. Let us know if you have any questions.
    05-11-2015 12:30 PM
    All duds. I would see if the carrier can hopefully hold your upgrade and just use an old phone. The LG G4 is just around the corner
    05-11-2015 03:41 PM
    Died twice? Can't have two funerals....that would be expensive!

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-11-2015 06:08 PM
    Died twice? Can't have two funerals....that would be expensive!

Eventually, there will be a point where it doesn't come back. You don't want to get stuck with a brick or a device that sounds like a lemon and isn't worth any more hassle.
    05-11-2015 06:20 PM
    Eventually, there will be a point where it doesn't come back. You don't want to get stuck with a brick or a device that sounds like a lemon and isn't worth any more hassle.
    I know. I was making a joke.

05-11-2015 07:15 PM
    I know. I was making a joke.

It needed a flight attendant.
    05-11-2015 07:25 PM
    It needed a flight attendant.
    For peanuts or a tasty beverage??
    05-12-2015 03:59 AM
    For peanuts obviously...
    05-12-2015 05:47 AM
    For peanuts obviously...
    Macadamia or smoked almonds?
    05-12-2015 05:50 AM
    Macadamia or smoked almonds?
    Pretzels with chocolate sauce?

05-12-2015 11:23 AM
    With strawberries on the side
    05-13-2015 01:29 AM
    Samsung S6 isn't a good phone I had the phone only 20 days, it has died twice!
    thanks guys to teach me reboot it by pressing all four buttons!
    07-23-2015 06:27 AM
    Ball-Peen Hammer!
    07-23-2015 01:27 PM