Does Verizon S6 work with B-mobile pre paid SIM card in Japan?

firejr33

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I will be traveling to Japan and read that b-mobile offers a pre paid sim card for data. I see that they have every other galaxy phone listed as compatible but don't see the S6. I'm wondering if they just haven't updated it due to it being new or will it not work with the the Galaxy S6?

The requirements they write for it are :
Your device must support one of the following frequency
LTE Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 19 (800MHz), Band 21 (1500MHz)
W-CDMA/HSDPA/HSUPA Band 1 (2100MHz), Band 19 (800MHz)

Also says it must be unlocked SIM card but I believe that verizon's phones fit that.

I also have access to an older Iphone 4s (it was on verizon) but currently not activated on any carrier. Would that work better or would I need it activated w/ some carrier before I could swap the sims?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Titans30dude is correct. With regards to the Verizon 4s,you would need to unlock it. Verizon should do it free assuming that the phone is paid off. The 4s doesn't support 4GLTE. Though it does support umts band 1

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

firejr33

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I really just need it to be able to use google maps to, possibly google a few things and/or check email, so speed isn't a huge issue as long as those work.

Sounds like the iphone 4s will work with their sim card and not the galaxy s6. I want to make sure I order the correct size sim card from them. Going to go to Verizon tomorrow to hopefully h

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I really just need it to be able to use google maps to, possibly google a few things and/or check email, so speed isn't a huge issue as long as those work.

Sounds like the iphone 4s will work with their sim card and not the galaxy s6. I want to make sure I order the correct size sim card from them. Going to go to Verizon tomorrow to hopefully h

The galaxy s6 will work on that 1 band as will the iphone4s (they both only support that 1 band) but the galaxy s6 wont need to be unlocked and the iphone may need to be unlocked.

BTW the galaxy s6 uses a nano sim and the iphone 4s uses a micro sim.

firejr33

May 11, 2015
Visit site
So I called apple and they said it seems like the iphone is already unlocked. Would you recommend using one over the other?
If they both use the same band, I'm going to assume it's the same speeds, so the larger screen S6 would be better.

Thanks again!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
In theory it should be the same speeds

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member