I got my S6 last week, and had an opportunity to give the camera a workout at my nephew's 1st birthday over the weekend.

I turned up the quality on photos and videos as high as possible. All photos turned out great! Plus most of the videos were great as well.

I took every single photo & video in Landscape orientation.

However, there were 2 of the 10 videos I took in entirely Landscape, saved to the phone in Portrait! What?!?! It makes absolutely no sense. The most unfortunate part (personally) is that those 2 videos were pretty important ones. Cake and presents!

Before hitting record, I always make sure the phone orientation is in Landscape. From 0:00 in the recorded video, I can see the video is held horizontally. There is no reason at all for it to save in Portrait based on how the phone is held before and throughout the recording.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going to continue using the phone with the highest settings and recording in landscape. If I experience any further Portrait saves, I'll post an update here and will be pretty disappointed.
    05-11-2015 12:08 PM
    you have to be holding it landscape before you even toggle to video. As soon as you toggle it starts recording (annoying but i have become used to it).
    05-11-2015 01:03 PM