05-17-2015 01:38 PM
54 123
tools
    It is already annoying you. For peace of mind, go exchange it.
    You're absolutely right. I've decided I'm definitely going to exchange it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes...
    05-12-2015 12:20 PM
    You're absolutely right. I've decided I'm definitely going to exchange it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes...
    Don't leave the store until the button issue is solved. Test other things while you are there. Leave happy with a working device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-12-2015 12:40 PM
    Howdy,

I just want to share my excitement for my new S6 (white, 64gb)!

I've been active on the S6 forum for a while now, knowing I would get one soon. That day has come!
    Installing and updating... looks like I know what I'm doing all night.
    Grats! Loving mine.

Posted via the Android Central App
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-12-2015 12:55 PM
    Well friends... I exchanged the clicky phone and I'm so glad I did. No more clicking just from looking at it, haha. There's very minor movement, which I will call normal and completely acceptable, but nothing like the previous phone.

Thanks for the encouragement to go through the motions and exchange it!
    Gray Area likes this.
    05-12-2015 07:54 PM
    LOL, thank you! Would I get the same effect if I went into settings and selected "factory data reset"?
    Yes.

05-12-2015 07:58 PM
    Well friends... I exchanged the clicky phone and I'm so glad I did. No more clicking just from looking at it, haha. There's very minor movement, which I will call normal and completely acceptable, but nothing like the previous phone.

Thanks for the encouragement to go through the motions and exchange it!
    You would have gotten more frustrated. Now it's time to get on with finishing the set up and enjoy.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-12-2015 09:10 PM
    I just want to mention interesting that I noticed on my Rogers S6 (Canada):

The back does not have the "Galaxy S6" writing on it.
    The front has "SAMSUNG" at the top, under the speaker (as expected).
    The back simply has "SAMSUNG" under the camera (as expected), but no "Galaxy S6" on the lower half like other providers have.
    It also has NO carrier branding on it, no "Rogers" or Rogers logo to be seen.

I'm impressed, Rogers. They get torn up a lot, but they've honestly be very good to my wife and I over the years.

(No pics right now, but I can try to post some later if anyone is interested)
    05-13-2015 09:20 AM

The back simply has "SAMSUNG" under the camera (as expected), but no "Galaxy S6" on the lower half like other providers have.

I'm impressed, Rogers. They get torn up a lot, but they've honestly be very good to my wife and I over the years.

have fun with it, yeah carrier branding in the US is out of control. at least we have Nexus, and if the network is on par with VZ, T-Mobile doesn't brand their phones

please keep us posted and let us know what you think. if you could update us in a week, and maybe throw up a GSam battery life screen shot, it would be greatly appreciated.

enjoy

05-13-2015 09:33 AM

I also have a Rogers S6 and it doesnt have branding, Rogers decided not to mutilate with extra unnecessary scribble which is nice, infact they havent done it for a very long time. Rogers has stopped putting their name on devices for many years now, the last ones i remember are at least over 6 or 7 years ago.

Glad you're enjoying it, i was lucky my first S6 was without problems...i got mine 2 days after launch and they ran out of the free wireless charging official Samsung pads I love my S6, its been a month and not a single regret.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-13-2015 09:51 AM
    FYI, the Sprint S6 has the 'Samsung' and 'Galaxy S6' branding, but no Sprint logos anywhere other than the boot screen.
    05-13-2015 10:17 AM
    I have the rogers s6 as well and I kind of wish the kept the galaxy s6 logo in the back

05-13-2015 10:19 AM

Enjoy your new device.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-13-2015 11:30 AM
    I have the rogers s6 as well and I kind of wish the kept the galaxy s6 logo in the back

Why? It's so tacky and unnecessary...I'm so glad ours is clean.

05-16-2015 06:12 PM
    Why? It's so tacky and unnecessary...I'm so glad ours is clean.

Carrier branding on back with AT&T. Don't notice it. In a Defender case.
    05-16-2015 06:16 PM
    I've fallen in love with Samsung thanks to this phone after being a hater haha. One of the simplest things I love? The fast charging. Christ that bad boy nips from 20 to 60 in like 20 minutes it is incredible.
    05-16-2015 07:27 PM
    I've fallen in love with Samsung thanks to this phone after being a hater haha. One of the simplest things I love? The fast charging. Christ that bad boy nips from 20 to 60 in like 20 minutes it is incredible.
    It gets better after that. Glad you're enjoying it.
    MonkeyNews likes this.
    05-16-2015 07:35 PM
    It gets better after that. Glad you're enjoying it.
    Oh yeah dude. It's awesome. The screen is just... Wow. I was always one who thought 5 inch was too big, content with my m7... But god it's beautiful. And as it's been mentioned many times before, touchwiz is actually totally fine. I may try another launcher further down the line but damn... Colour me impressed.
    05-16-2015 07:45 PM
    Oh yeah dude. It's awesome. The screen is just... Wow. I was always one who thought 5 inch was too big, content with my m7... But god it's beautiful. And as it's been mentioned many times before, touchwiz is actually totally fine. I may try another launcher further down the line but damn... Colour me impressed.
    Give TouchWiz a week and see how you like it. You may decide to get a third party app launcher.
    05-16-2015 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but I think I may exchange tonight and make sure the new one is better. The screen protector was $10, not the end of the world.

(I just want to mention that I'm otherwise in love with the phone! Not all negativity by any means)

QUESTION TO ANYONE: What's the easiest way to wipe the current phone clean, if I go to the store and they allow me to exchange it? I don't want any of my current accounts, apps, etc. still on the phone.
    I'm running the 32gb white s6 and have had no major issues other than a few software bugs but there isn't a device out there workout any. On the having to buy a new screen protector, did you happen to get a zagg Invisasheild? If so, go to zagg.com and register it. If not I highly recommend then. I myself am using there clear glass protector. It's a little pricey but worth it. They will replace your screen protector for the cost of shipping. The only thing is you have to resend the one that was originally on your phone within 60 days in literally any condition. And you can replace them like that for the lifetime of your device.

05-16-2015 08:04 PM
    I did the same switch, m7 to s6. Couldn't be happier. The m7 screen never really seemed to small, even though my gf has the note 4, but then got the s6. Wow.. Just.. Wow. The size is perfect, the colors damn, and the resolution fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! The only way to get a better screen is to actually switch to an expensive computer monitor or TV.

05-16-2015 08:21 PM
    You should have waited for the S6 Active. It's everything the S6 should have been. I know I'll be trading my S6 for the S6 Active when it comes out. That bigger battery and waterproofing are necessary.
    05-16-2015 09:58 PM
    You should have waited for the S6 Active. It's everything the S6 should have been. I know I'll be trading my S6 for the S6 Active when it comes out. That bigger battery and waterproofing are necessary.
    Only for AT&T.
    05-16-2015 10:02 PM
    Personally not for me. Don't like the look of it and I'm not going to take many pictures underwater. Battery life has been acceptable so far. Plus the thing looks amazing.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-17-2015 08:19 AM
    Don't like the look of it
    I wasn't aware the purpose of a phone is for looks but whatever.
    05-17-2015 09:23 AM
    Well I wasn't aware the purpose of a phone was to be waterproof but whatever.
    05-17-2015 09:40 AM
54 123