05-17-2015 01:38 PM
54 123
tools
    I wasn't aware the purpose of a phone is for looks but whatever.
    Hey there,
    I'm not sure what your goal is, but you're way of topic for my thread.

I personally have zero interest in the Active, and agree that it's... Ugly. Yes, the looks of a phone matter to many people, including myself.
    MonkeyNews likes this.
    05-17-2015 09:50 AM
    Well I wasn't aware the purpose of a phone was to be waterproof but whatever.
    Great. You can have your phone die when it gets wet. I'll continue to enjoy mine if/when a glass of water spills on it.
    05-17-2015 11:54 AM
    Great. You can have your phone die when it gets wet. I'll continue to enjoy mine if/when a glass of water spills on it.
    Haha I suppose. But the way I've been treating this phone is better than the way I'll treat my first born child. So very unlikely.

Plus check some videos online, normal water has literally no effect on most phones. And considering I don't drink soda I say I'll be fine! But thanks anyway 😊
    05-17-2015 01:33 PM
    The Active appeals to some for different reasons such as inclusion of design choices removed from the GS6 and having dedicated physical buttons instead of capacitive buttons. In the past, some of these features appealed to me as well. To others, it's design, from an aesthetic and functional perspective is a throwback to a design that was historically successful and given the improvements and functionality of the GS6, they aren't missed. Really, how often if you don't work in a harsh environment are you rally going to need the Active. The arrangement if the key on the front are, to me anyways, analogous to the different between analog and digital gauges. The home button has a functional purpose as part of the fingerprint scanner. Dimensionally, isn't it larger making it more bulky, something the GS6 moved away from? Isn't the Active an AT&T exclusive? In the end, buy whatever works for you no matter how it looks.
    05-17-2015 01:38 PM
54 123