It's Happening!! (New S6 for me!)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've fallen in love with Samsung thanks to this phone after being a hater haha. One of the simplest things I love? The fast charging. Christ that bad boy nips from 20 to 60 in like 20 minutes it is incredible.

It gets better after that. Glad you're enjoying it.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
It gets better after that. Glad you're enjoying it.

Oh yeah dude. It's awesome. The screen is just... Wow. I was always one who thought 5 inch was too big, content with my m7... But god it's beautiful. And as it's been mentioned many times before, touchwiz is actually totally fine. I may try another launcher further down the line but damn... Colour me impressed.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Oh yeah dude. It's awesome. The screen is just... Wow. I was always one who thought 5 inch was too big, content with my m7... But god it's beautiful. And as it's been mentioned many times before, touchwiz is actually totally fine. I may try another launcher further down the line but damn... Colour me impressed.

Give TouchWiz a week and see how you like it. You may decide to get a third party app launcher.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not happy about it, but I think I may exchange tonight and make sure the new one is better. The screen protector was $10, not the end of the world.

(I just want to mention that I'm otherwise in love with the phone! Not all negativity by any means)

QUESTION TO ANYONE: What's the easiest way to wipe the current phone clean, if I go to the store and they allow me to exchange it? I don't want any of my current accounts, apps, etc. still on the phone.

I'm running the 32gb white s6 and have had no major issues other than a few software bugs but there isn't a device out there workout any. On the having to buy a new screen protector, did you happen to get a zagg Invisasheild? If so, go to zagg.com and register it. If not I highly recommend then. I myself am using there clear glass protector. It's a little pricey but worth it. They will replace your screen protector for the cost of shipping. The only thing is you have to resend the one that was originally on your phone within 60 days in literally any condition. And you can replace them like that for the lifetime of your device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site

I did the same switch, m7 to s6. Couldn't be happier. The m7 screen never really seemed to small, even though my gf has the note 4, but then got the s6. Wow.. Just.. Wow. The size is perfect, the colors damn, and the resolution fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!! The only way to get a better screen is to actually switch to an expensive computer monitor or TV.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
You should have waited for the S6 Active. It's everything the S6 should have been. I know I'll be trading my S6 for the S6 Active when it comes out. That bigger battery and waterproofing are necessary.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
You should have waited for the S6 Active. It's everything the S6 should have been. I know I'll be trading my S6 for the S6 Active when it comes out. That bigger battery and waterproofing are necessary.

Personally not for me. Don't like the look of it and I'm not going to take many pictures underwater. Battery life has been acceptable so far. Plus the thing looks amazing.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I wasn't aware the purpose of a phone is for looks but whatever.

Hey there,
I'm not sure what your goal is, but you're way of topic for my thread.

I personally have zero interest in the Active, and agree that it's... Ugly. Yes, the looks of a phone matter to many people, including myself.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Great. You can have your phone die when it gets wet. I'll continue to enjoy mine if/when a glass of water spills on it.

Haha I suppose. But the way I've been treating this phone is better than the way I'll treat my first born child. So very unlikely.

Plus check some videos online, normal water has literally no effect on most phones. And considering I don't drink soda I say I'll be fine! But thanks anyway 😊

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The Active appeals to some for different reasons such as inclusion of design choices removed from the GS6 and having dedicated physical buttons instead of capacitive buttons. In the past, some of these features appealed to me as well. To others, it's design, from an aesthetic and functional perspective is a throwback to a design that was historically successful and given the improvements and functionality of the GS6, they aren't missed. Really, how often if you don't work in a harsh environment are you rally going to need the Active. The arrangement if the key on the front are, to me anyways, analogous to the different between analog and digital gauges. The home button has a functional purpose as part of the fingerprint scanner. Dimensionally, isn't it larger making it more bulky, something the GS6 moved away from? Isn't the Active an AT&T exclusive? In the end, buy whatever works for you no matter how it looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke