Need a case?

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've settled on the clear UAG case. Plenty of protection and not very bulky. Looks great with my white S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

Stitchfame

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Have you tried Rhino Shield bumper for S6? I cannot post link yet but if you google Rhino Shield bumper S6, I guess you can find it. They put a video of a 4 meters drop (13 feet??? I dont know im french... ^^) and the phone is intact. I pre-ordered mine.

Best of all, no bulk at all, even less than spigen or UAG

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. Cases are a must with a smartphone with dual Gorrilla Glass 4. GG4 is more scratch and impact resistant but is not immune from being shattered.

http://youtu.be/Hlbp0JFp3PQ

Cases are for protection not aesthetics. If you want to show off the GS6, go commando, IMO. Other cases are fine but for klutzes like me a rugged case is in order. I am pretty confident of an eight foot drop onto concrete. With past Defender cases, I have had a smartphone survive a drop down a flight of concrete stairs. With all my cases, especially the GS3 and GS4, people were amazed at the pristine condition of my devices. The Defender for my GS6 is much more compact and slimmer, probably the slimmest to date of any Defender that I have owned since 2006. The grip is great and it feels rock solid. It is easy to assemble. Check out my YouTube channel for a review of the case. Whether you get metal, silicone, rubber, TPU aka plastic, consider whether it would survive a fall on to concrete. Choose what works best for you. Insurance claim or full replacement cost are far greater than the cost of a good case. Otterbox doesn't make the only rugged case. There are tons of other ones. Ballistic, Seidio, Spigen. Lifeproof. Just don't deliberately slam it on to concrete.

Stitchfame

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox Defender. Cases are a must with a smartphone with dual Gorrilla Glass 4. GG4 is more scratch and impact resistant but is not immune from being shattered.

Cases are for protection not aesthetics. If you want to show off the GS6, go commando, IMO. Other cases are fine but for klutzes like me a rugged case is in order. I am pretty confident of an eight foot drop onto concrete. With past Defender cases, I have had a smartphone survive a drop down a flight of concrete stairs. With all my cases, especially the GS3 and GS4, people were amazed at the pristine condition of my devices. The Defender for my GS6 is much more compact and slimmer, probably the slimmest to date of any Defender that I have owned since 2006. The grip is great and it feels rock solid. It is easy to assemble. Check out my YouTube channel for a review of the case. Whether you get metal, silicone, rubber, TPU aka plastic, consider whether it would survive a fall on to concrete. Choose what works best for you. Insurance claim or full replacement cost are far greater than the cost of a good case. Otterbox doesn't make the only rugged case. There are tons of other ones. Ballistic, Seidio, Spigen. Lifeproof. Just don't deliberately slam it on to concrete.

Well, the video you posted shows that even with bulk, the phone is never protected from very high drops... Such a shame that people still buy otterbox!!
Rhino Shield shows that you can at least thrown it down from 4 meters / 15 feet WITHOUT bulk and the S6 still survives.. spigen ballistic otterbox are just branding cheap chinese products, and people think thickness means protection... time for a new era with protective slim bumper cases!!! I'll post review of my Rhino Shield Crash Guard for my S6 when I receive it at the end of the month.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, the video you posted shows that even with bulk, the phone is never protected from very high drops... Such a shame that people still buy otterbox!!
Rhino Shield shows that you can at least thrown it down from 4 meters / 15 feet WITHOUT bulk and the S6 still survives.. spigen ballistic otterbox are just branding cheap chinese products, and people think thickness means protection... time for a new era with protective slim bumper cases!!! I'll post review of my Rhino Shield Crash Guard for my S6 when I receive it at the end of the month.

First, no bulk with the Defender. Most drops will impact the corners and sides. Face first drops are rare and are protected not by bulk but a deep lip. as is mentioned earlier, I gave smartphones survive a fall down a flight of concrete stairs. Is the Defender foolproof? No, the video demonstrates that if you deliberately throw it down, by accident and sheer happenstance, it shattered. The phone is still made of glass. If these rugged cases don't work for you, great. I would be very interested to see how the a Rhino case performs.

Stitchfame

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your input. I do believe a Rhino Shield case is around 12 grams while a defender one is around 100 grams. That is almost a 10 to 1 factor, with the weight of the phone almost doubled..

Rhino Shield made a video last week it seems. 13 feet on concrete:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH0aWyukAzs

I like being able to see the back of my phone, especially with the S6!!

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Spigen neo hybrid for me. Brilliant fit and no excess weight issues or loss of signal's

Posted via the Android Central App