AT&T WiFi calling

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I read a post about it last year sometime and I'm trying to figure out if it will ever be here for the phone because I loved the feature when I was on tmobile

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
AT&T said it will "eventually" come out on their network -- as to when that is .. no one knows for sure.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
With all of AT&T's core plans having unlimited calling and their large network footprint I wouldn't imagine they are putting a high priority on it. I would think that wide scale VoLTE deployment is the priority at the moment when it comes to the talk side of things.

WiFi calling, in AT&T's view, is probably a 'nice, not needed' type of thing. That article kind of confirms it. I'd peg it late year or early 2016, if it comes at all.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
With all of AT&T's core plans having unlimited calling and their large network footprint I wouldn't imagine they are putting a high priority on it. I would think that wide scale VoLTE deployment is the priority at the moment when it comes to the talk side of things.

WiFi calling, in AT&T's view, is probably a 'nice, not needed' type of thing. That article kind of confirms it. I'd peg it late year or early 2016, if it comes at all.

It actually confirms it .. right from AT&T's mouth. Yes it isn't as huge a deal to them but it doesn't hurt them to have it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674