05-18-2015 09:20 AM
78 1234
tools
    You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. Take a Xanax. You'll be ok.

Of coarse I don't expect people in the real world to.... Well..... Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Too funny. Literally laughing at you flipping out. Too too funny. Hold on I am down to 30%.../gotta log off.

05-16-2015 06:47 PM
    You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. Take a Xanax. You'll be ok.

Of coarse I don't expect people in the real world to.... Well..... Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

Put him on your ignore list. I did.
    05-16-2015 06:48 PM
    You guys are very passionate about battery life haha. I love it. Not even being sarcastic. But anyway back on point, I posted a thread a while back to no answer.

The camera often has trouble focusing, is this just me or..? When it works, it works amazingly, but often it will just refuse to focus when taking a shot of a large area on anything at all. Sometimes if I close it down a a reopen, it will. I'll try get some snaps to show you what I mean. In the meantime is there anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks guys.
    05-16-2015 07:23 PM
    You guys are very passionate about battery life haha. I love it. Not even being sarcastic. But anyway back on point, I posted a thread a while back to no answer.

The camera often has trouble focusing, is this just me or..? When it works, it works amazingly, but often it will just refuse to focus when taking a shot of a large area on anything at all. Sometimes if I close it down a a reopen, it will. I'll try get some snaps to show you what I mean. In the meantime is there anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks guys.
    I have had the same thing. I usually just tap on the screen and it will focus right up. Have you tried that?

05-16-2015 07:27 PM
    Yeah I have tried but it just refuses to focus. Bit strange really. But yeah as I say exiting and reopening can sometimes resolve it.

Just a little annoying when I want to grab a quick snap.
    05-16-2015 07:29 PM
    Yeah I have tried but it just refuses to focus. Bit strange really. But yeah as I say exiting and reopening can sometimes resolve it.

Just a little annoying when I want to grab a quick snap.
    Let me know if you ever get it resolved. In don't think that I have had it happen on my edge but it did happen more than once on my proper.

MonkeyNews likes this.
    05-16-2015 07:36 PM

Clear the cache partition and see if that helps. May not. Worth a try.
    05-16-2015 07:39 PM
    Clear the cache partition and see if that helps. May not. Worth a try.
    And how would I go about that? As much as I love android I still get confused about things aha
    05-16-2015 07:42 PM
    And how would I go about that? As much as I love android I still get confused about things aha
    Turn off the device.

Hold down the volume up, power and home buttons.

In Manual Mode, use the volume rocker to select Clear Cache. Power to to accept.

When done, use the volume rocker to select reboot.

This may help. If not, try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, try tech support who may recommend an exchange.
    05-16-2015 07:46 PM
    Also go to Settings-Application Manager-All and look for Camera and clear cache and data, it will clear any Camera settings go you may have set and any mode you have downloaded but you can do it again in a minute.
    05-16-2015 08:54 PM
    Put him on your ignore list. I did.
    I would but I like reading him making a fool of himself.

05-16-2015 10:11 PM
    I would but I like reading him making a fool of himself.

The most foolish thing that I have heard or read in a long long long time is not running a phone past 30%. I already have to keep tabs to make it through the day especially when traveling but to have to take it down at the 30% mark because its bad for the battery is hilarious. I guess I'm going to be damaging my battery like you said because I can't hunt around for a charger everyday when I hit 30%. Why don't any of the manufacturers tell us this so we don't damage our battery's? Don't you think it would be in Samsung's best interest to tell us that we could damage our battery's by runnimg below 30% as you said? Wouldn't that save them money if they disclosed that?

NexusGirlX likes this.
    05-17-2015 03:00 PM
    The most foolish thing that I have heard or read in a long long long time is not running a phone past 30%. I already have to keep tabs to make it through the day especially when traveling but to have to take it down at the 30% mark because its bad for the battery is hilarious. I guess I'm going to be damaging my battery like you said because I can't hunt around for a charger everyday when I hit 30%. Why don't any of the manufacturers tell us this so we don't damage our battery's? Don't you think it would be in Samsung's best interest to tell us that we could damage our battery's by runnimg below 30% as you said? Wouldn't that save them money if they disclosed that?

Like i said, it's obvious you don't or can't read. If you read those articles i gave a link to, your argument is with them, not me as i don't give a **** what you or others do with their/your phone.

Also, use some common sense. The quicker your battery diminishes, the more likely you are to buy a new phone in 1 to 2 years. So the answer is no. It's not in their best interest to tell you. They want you to buy a new phone, not a new battery. Even running it down to 0 every night, a phone should still last past the 1 year warranty and the repair is on you, not them.

Like I've said, it's not a law, it's a recommendation. And if you can't distinguish that, then i suggest counseling.

05-17-2015 03:27 PM
    Like i said, it's obvious you don't or can't read. If you read those articles i gave a link to, your argument is with them, not me as i don't give a **** what you or others do with their/your phone.

Also, use some common sense. The quicker your battery diminishes, the more likely you are to buy a new phone in 1 to 2 years. So the answer is no. It's not in their best interest to tell you. They want you to buy a new phone, not a new battery. Even running it down to 0 every night, a phone should still last past the 1 year warranty and the repair is on you, not them.

Like I've said, it's not a law, it's a recommendation. And if you can't distinguish that, then i suggest counseling.

Common sense says to just use the phone and plug it in when it needs it. Pretty simple concept and not your 30% rule....

MonkeyNews likes this.
    05-17-2015 03:39 PM
    Let's have a contest. Droidguy run your battery to 0 everyday and gater352 charge back up when you hit 30% and you guys can continue this fued in 2 years and we will see who's battery is in better condition at that time. Then we will know for sure if it makes a difference.
    erasat likes this.
    05-17-2015 04:24 PM
    Let's have a contest. Droidguy run your battery to 0 everyday and gater352 charge back up when you hit 30% and you guys can continue this fued in 2 years and we will see who's battery is in better condition at that time. Then we will know for sure if it makes a difference.
    Great idea, I'm in!

05-17-2015 04:29 PM
    Common sense says to just use the phone and plug it in when it needs it. Pretty simple concept and not your 30% rule....

Give it up. It's not my rule. It's a recommendation From other people who test li ion batteries. I'll write it one last time just incase you're illiterate.....

It's not my rule, law, or any derivative thereof. If you have a beef, take it up with them cause I do not care what you or anyone else does with their phones. Period.

05-17-2015 05:28 PM
    Enough arguing about the battery talk. Just use your phones the way you have been doing. It works for you and that's that.

Any more arguing and I'll start issuing warnings.
    Aquila likes this.
    05-17-2015 05:31 PM
    Great idea, I'm in!

Just because I take care of my battery the way I want to doesn't make it wrong. Just because you want to use the phone the way you want doesn't make it wrong either. Enjoy your phone. I do. Done arguing.

05-17-2015 05:35 PM
    Just because I take care of my battery the way I want to doesn't make it wrong. Just because you want to use the phone the way you want doesn't make it wrong either. Enjoy your phone. I do. Done arguing.

Pretty much just kidding around at this point...lighten up and have a laugh, its just a silly phone. Life is too short dude. If you need to hear that you won then you got it, you win have a good one.

05-17-2015 06:39 PM
    We need a phone without battery to have these 2 guys make up I think...
    05-17-2015 09:22 PM
    We need a phone without battery to have these 2 guys make up I think...
    Lol

Stitchfame and drone3 like this.
    05-17-2015 09:31 PM
    Pretty much just kidding around at this point...lighten up and have a laugh, its just a silly phone. Life is too short dude. If you need to hear that you won then you got it, you win have a good one.

It's all good man! Sometimes we all get passionate about something so stupid we forget to enjoy ourselves and others! Besides....I didn't win. If I did, I would have a sheet of publix cake sitting right here saying congrats!! But no....all I got was a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.....
    05-18-2015 04:55 AM
    You shuld get a Rhino Shield to go with your cinnamon toast crunch
    05-18-2015 05:08 AM
    Defender. More splash protection.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-18-2015 08:35 AM
78 1234