Just got my first Samsung and it's the S6. Anyone care to help?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I used to let my phone battery drop to 10% or less during its first year, the battery became so short so quick. Same for my macbook. bought a new macbook since then and my wife's S5 and the battery are holding a lot better (not just small difference) by not letting them drop. I never go to bed without plugging my laptop. And after 6 months my battery is still able to go the distance. I will tend to believe li-on batteries should not go under 50%, its better.

I agree!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
All you guys are worrying way to much about the battery. All my phones I ever had . Some for 2 years and others for 1. And 85% of the time I use my phones till they get to 5% and power saving kicks in and I can barely see the screen then I plug it in. Or whenever I'm done using it for the day or wich ever comes first. And it's usually when it gets to 5% comes first. And I never had a battery that was degrading or not lasting as long as it did when it was new. At least not enough to notice a real difference anyway.
And when I plugged them in at night they stayed plugged in all night every night until i woke up for work the next day.

Maybe I just got lucky and got good batteries in my phones.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
All you guys are worrying way to much about the battery. All my phones I ever had . Some for 2 years and others for 1. And 85% of the time I use my phones till they get to 5% and power saving kicks in and I can barely see the screen then I plug it in. Or whenever I'm done using it for the day or wich ever comes first. And it's usually when it gets to 5% comes first. And I never had a battery that was degrading or not lasting as long as it did when it was new. At least not enough to notice a real difference anyway.
And when I plugged them in at night they stayed plugged in all night every night until i woke up for work the next day.

Your not lucky, you are realistic. I run them down everyday and have never had an issue. People treat these disposable phones like they are going to be around for years.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Your not lucky, you are realistic. I run them down everyday and have never had an issue. People treat these disposable phones like they are going to be around for years.

You know what bud? Not all of us treat or use our phones as throwaways. Some of us have to keep them for years and make them last. If you can't understand that then that's being unrealistic.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

I've had phone batteries last and others degrade. It's really the luck of the draw. But what is wrong being careful? Nothing.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You know what bud? Not all of us treat or use our phones as throwaways. Some of us have to keep them for years and make them last. If you can't understand that then that's being unrealistic. Get a clue.

Settle down. Listen to yourself. You said that running it below 30% is bad. Now do you for a second think that people in the real world are shutting down at 30%??? You are actually the bud if you believe that. I don't think you do believe it but you said it so now you are sticking to it. Remember now, you said that its bad for the battery to run lower than 30%.....I even laugh typing that.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Settle down. Listen to yourself. You said that running it below 30% is bad. Now do you for a second think that people in the real world are shutting down at 30%??? You are actually the bud if you believe that. I don't think you do believe it but you said it so now you are sticking to it. Remember now, you said that its bad for the battery to run lower than 30%.....I even laugh typing that.

You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. You kill me!

Of coarse I expect people in the real world to.... Well.....do Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

I take what I read with a grain of salt. If it works for me, I implement it. If not I move on. If it works on an ongoing basis, I tell others but it's up to them whether they listen and take heed. If not, no skin off my back.

Last edited:

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. Take a Xanax. You'll be ok.

Of coarse I don't expect people in the real world to.... Well..... Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

Too funny. Literally laughing at you flipping out. Too too funny. Hold on I am down to 30%.../gotta log off.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You tell me to settle down with a post like this? Hahaha. Take a Xanax. You'll be ok.

Of coarse I don't expect people in the real world to.... Well..... Nothing. And I don't care what you, or anyone else does with their phones. And yes, I try to keep my phone from draining less than 30%. Get it? Got it? Good.

Put him on your ignore list. I did.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
You guys are very passionate about battery life haha. I love it. Not even being sarcastic. But anyway back on point, I posted a thread a while back to no answer.

The camera often has trouble focusing, is this just me or..? When it works, it works amazingly, but often it will just refuse to focus when taking a shot of a large area on anything at all. Sometimes if I close it down a a reopen, it will. I'll try get some snaps to show you what I mean. In the meantime is there anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks guys.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
You guys are very passionate about battery life haha. I love it. Not even being sarcastic. But anyway back on point, I posted a thread a while back to no answer.

The camera often has trouble focusing, is this just me or..? When it works, it works amazingly, but often it will just refuse to focus when taking a shot of a large area on anything at all. Sometimes if I close it down a a reopen, it will. I'll try get some snaps to show you what I mean. In the meantime is there anything I could be doing wrong? Thanks guys.

I have had the same thing. I usually just tap on the screen and it will focus right up. Have you tried that?

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I have tried but it just refuses to focus. Bit strange really. But yeah as I say exiting and reopening can sometimes resolve it.

Just a little annoying when I want to grab a quick snap.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I have tried but it just refuses to focus. Bit strange really. But yeah as I say exiting and reopening can sometimes resolve it.

Just a little annoying when I want to grab a quick snap.

Let me know if you ever get it resolved. In don't think that I have had it happen on my edge but it did happen more than once on my proper.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Clear the cache partition and see if that helps. May not. Worth a try.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
And how would I go about that? As much as I love android I still get confused about things aha

Turn off the device.

Hold down the volume up, power and home buttons.

In Manual Mode, use the volume rocker to select Clear Cache. Power to to accept.

When done, use the volume rocker to select reboot.

This may help. If not, try a factory reset. If that doesn't work, try tech support who may recommend an exchange.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
And how would I go about that? As much as I love android I still get confused about things aha

Also go to Settings-Application Manager-All and look for Camera and clear cache and data, it will clear any Camera settings go you may have set and any mode you have downloaded but you can do it again in a minute.