Lollipop 5.1 in June Rogers

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
AT&T and Rogers are usually pretty close together time wise for updates so I'd say a late June or early July US release is realistic.

Kudos to Samsung for pushing it out within 90ish days of launch. Maybe OEMs are getting the hint that updates are important.

Posted via the Android Central App

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Hold your horses guys..I'll believe it when I see it.

True. But if the statement was made then we can assume it's in their hands and should be avaliable hopefully July latest.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Android 5.1 update coming in June?

Posted this morning.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

More question is why only Rogers mentioning it? Noticed our own AC also posted an article today too.

Since im with Rogers this is a bonus for me, really hope June is the realistic target. I have no problems with my S6, i just want the added features...and hope they add the Sort A-B feature in apps drawer.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
More question is why only Rogers mentioning it? Noticed our own AC also posted an article today too.

Since im with Rogers this is a bonus for me, really hope June is the realistic target. I have no problems with my S6, i just want the added features...and hope they add the Sort A-B feature in apps drawer.

Most carriers stay pretty silent on dates for update considering their horrible track records with them. Besides software dates can easily slip their push dates considering how complex they can be and all the parties involved in them. Better to just leave it at 'Coming Soon' or say nothing at all and not deal with cranky customers when they miss the date.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The sort features? You guys don't have the alphabetical order within your app drawer on Rogers?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
True. But if the statement was made then we can assume it's in their hands and should be avaliable hopefully July latest.

That's what I kept thinking about Lollipop for the Sony Z3...and now I have an S6E, so don't count your chickens...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Wow ... I thought that was standard. That is just weird lol.

you'd think...especially since I believe the Rogers S6 is almost as stock as things get with the device. There were literally only 3 Rogers apps loaded, everything else looks as if it was bought straight from Samsung. Maybe the feature isnt stock to Samsungs base OS model and added by carriers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty