So out of curiosity, what default apps/services do you have disabled to achieve the best SOT? I've been experimenting enabling/disabling some applications and it seems to directly impact battery life.

For instance disabling "Samsung Push Services" seems to bring a little boost to battery performance.

Carrier bloat aside because that's a given to be disabled. :P
    05-12-2015 09:44 PM
    I've disabled most of the google stuff I never use (Google Books, Movies, etc) and the Samsung stuff I won't use (S-Voice, Skype, Lookout, Peel)
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-12-2015 10:02 PM
    I've disabled most of the google stuff I never use (Google Books, Movies, etc) and the Samsung stuff I won't use (S-Voice, Skype, Lookout, Peel)
    Same, I've also crippled Google Play Services as much as possible. However, Android Location History was recently enabled again and I'm noticing a tiny battery hit.
    05-13-2015 04:12 AM
    That disabling of Samsung push services sounds like a good idea
    05-13-2015 06:45 AM
    What all does Samsung Push Services affect?
    05-13-2015 08:38 AM
    So out of curiosity, what default apps/services do you have disabled to achieve the best SOT? I've been experimenting enabling/disabling some applications and it seems to directly impact battery life.

For instance disabling "Samsung Push Services" seems to bring a little boost to battery performance.

Carrier bloat aside because that's a given to be disabled. :P
    In addition, disable carrier bloat. Uninstall whatever third party apps that you don't use. Go into Settings and restrict background data. On Google synch, disable synch for Google stuff you don't use.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    05-13-2015 08:43 AM
    What are the pros and cons of restricting background data? Any apps that should be avoided? Thanks
    05-13-2015 09:45 AM
    What all does Samsung Push Services affect?
    Apparently its for Samsung's services such as ChatOn. Disabling it doesn't seem to effect anything I do. Stock message and email apps still work fine.
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 10:31 AM
    What are the pros and cons of restricting background data? Any apps that should be avoided? Thanks
    Pretty much the pro is to save data if you have a limited data plan --- con would be stuff not updating on mobile data.
    deeb215 likes this.
    05-13-2015 10:37 AM
    Pretty much the pro is to save data if you have a limited data plan --- con would be stuff not updating on mobile data.
    Ok, cool. Has anyone limited data on a specific app and notice significant battery improvement?
    05-13-2015 11:22 AM
    Ok, cool. Has anyone limited data on a specific app and notice significant battery improvement?
    You probably will notice some battery life .. I am not sure about significant unless you have tons of stuff syncing all the time (like mass amounts) -- Little emails and stuff it won't.

I don't disable much.. just a few bloat apps (lookout and stuff) .. and that is it. I keep all that other stuff on since to me it seems pointless to take a smartphone and turn off every smart feature just to have the battery last a little longer. I would rather just charge.
    05-13-2015 11:51 AM
    You probably will notice some battery life .. I am not sure about significant unless you have tons of stuff syncing all the time (like mass amounts) -- Little emails and stuff it won't.

I don't disable much.. just a few bloat apps (lookout and stuff) .. and that is it. I keep all that other stuff on since to me it seems pointless to take a smartphone and turn off every smart feature just to have the battery last a little longer. I would rather just charge.
    I agree, and for now I'll probably avoid messing around with anymore tweaks just to get slightly better battery life. I have disabled most of what I consider bloat and have limited the syncing of my Google and Samsung accounts.
    05-13-2015 12:39 PM