Otterbox defender making Samsung S6 echo, is this a known issue?

dandamans

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox defender makeing Samsung S6 echo

I have a Samsung S6 and when i talk on the phone it echo's on the persons end that i am talking to. I have found out that if i open the 2 ports on the bottom of the case it stops the problem. dose anyone else have this problem? Could this case be defective?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Otterbox defender makeing Samsung S6 echo

Had my Defender since launch. No issues with echo. Probably your GS6 not the case.

djm1947

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

I also have an S6 with the Defender case and have not experienced the problem. In addition, have only about 2 to 3 bars on Verizon when at home.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Johnny c256

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site

It definitely is the case. I have 2 Samsung s6 with Otterbox defender cases on them. Both of my phones have horrible echo on them. Sometimes its terrible and sometimes it isn't as bad, but it is always there. I returned both of my phones and got replacements. The new phones also have echo. The echo is way worse when both phones are connected with defender cases. If I call a phone without a defender case, then the other person hears echo when I call them, but I hear only a slight echo on my end. Opening the 2 bottom tabs on the Otterbox case helps a little, but doesn't remove the echo completely. Removing the cases completely helps a lot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam