Hey is anyone else having issues with WhatsApp being killed in the background. So many times I will wonder why my WhatsApp is quite but then when I launch the app all the notifications come. It's happened pretty much all the time after I exit the app I just get no more messages. I then checked the app running section and it shows the WhatsApp app just started. Sync, notifications are all on. Really is annoying me. My guess is its the s6 doing too much too much ram management.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-13-2015 08:21 AM
    Hey is anyone else having issues with WhatsApp being killed in the background. So many times I will wonder why my WhatsApp is quite but then when I launch the app all the notifications come. It's happened pretty much all the time after I exit the app I just get no more messages. I then checked the app running section and it shows the WhatsApp app just started. Sync, notifications are all on. Really is annoying me. My guess is its the s6 doing too much too much ram management.

It may be the Ram Management, if it is, there is an update already in the process that is supposed to fix the memory leak bug, International versions are already getting it and there are some reports that some AT&T users are also getting it, for the rest it seems that very soon.

Until then, you can always go to WhatsApp and do a Full Backup of your Conversations, be sure to save that file somewhere on your phone other than the original folder, then clear cache and data from Applications Manager and then set everything back to Whatsapp and see how to restore the backup you did, if it doesn't ask you to restore it automatically.
    05-13-2015 09:27 AM
    The issue seems to have been fixed with a factory reset.

05-17-2015 06:28 PM