Software update

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My GS6 is even snappier and smoother than before. Liking it so far.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
My GS6 is even snappier and smoother than before. Liking it so far.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

lol how is that even possible. you've stated many times that your s6 is lightning fast and buttery smooth without hiccups. somehow its even faster than lightning fast now?

mrZoSo

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
pingpong does not work after att update, plus no way to update if you are rooted, you can download but you can't install the update. must revert via odin or smart switch and than update, but you can't root with pingpong after the ota
I'm sure pinpong will be updated soon to work with AT&T and this update. Keen Team seem to work rather quickly.
Yes, I realize you have to revert back to non-rooted stock rom to get OTA updates, and I'll do that for the 5.1.1 update. Actually I might wait until hey have root for 5.1.1 first, if possible ;)

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
lol how is that even possible. you've stated many times that your s6 is lightning fast and buttery smooth without hiccups. somehow its even faster than lightning fast now?

Because updates that state there's performance enhancements may, in fact, produce performance enhancements?

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
This update does not address the memory issue or the Application management issue that Lollipop 5.0 has. This is just a small software update to Lollipop 5.0.2. Not sure how big ATT update is, but the T-Mobile version was 177MB and released via OTA before the S6 went on sale April 10th, and Sprint has just released there's at 122MB. According to Samsung this was to address the Fingerprint scanner problems, update many of the Lollipop applications for better performance, as well as other tweaks. Samsung has released their Lollipop 5.1.1 update to all major phone carriers and have stated that they have finally fixed the memory and app management issues along with improved battery life with 5.1.1. As to when this update is released via U.S. carrier's has yet to be announced, but rumor has it Galaxy S6 owners could see it as early as June sometime.

Where, exactly, did Samsung say their 5.1.1 update fixes the memory management issue and improves battery life?

Posted via the Android Central App

timon159

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
First major improvement i noticed is the battery life. Last way longer. Screen has been on for 2h and 20 min and im at 70% battery. Love it

ADRHD JAVIER

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Haha I want to try the new update but I did root mine using ping-pong ,, I guess I'll just wait another update when they fixed the memory leak .

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I got an update for the Australian version. It feels like things just got much more stable and a little quicker. Three updates in one day

1. OS update
2. Nova update
3. Switched from google keyboard to SwiftKey

The S6 just got better, we don't even have 5.1 yet. Patience is worth it.

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got an update for the Australian version. It feels like things just got much more stable and a little quicker. Three updates in one day

1. OS update
2. Nova update
3. Switched from google keyboard to SwiftKey

The S6 just got better, we don't even have 5.1 yet. Patience is worth it.

dreaming of electric sheep

Great to see that if was not the only one who has experienced positive results from the. OTA update.

sejenk

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
SIDE NOTE:

Anyone else dislike the fact that after you check for a software update, it forces you to wait a minimum of 24 hours before you can check again?

Try manually setting your date ahead by 24hrs and it should let you try again. I did this once with a Note 3 and it worked just fine.